PDA

View Full Version : Model 25: model 25 .223 caliber availability of larger mag to shoot in competition

polish rifle
07-07-2017, 12:10 AM
looking for a higher capacity mag for my model 25 ,cal223/ not sure if this is the correct section to ask this question

J.Baker
07-07-2017, 11:15 PM
Nothing of the sort is currently available.

The Model 25's have minimal aftermarket support, and frankly I'm somewhat surprised the M25 line has endured as long as it has given the minimal interest we see for them here. I just can't imagine them being big sellers given they cost just as much (sometimes even more) than a 110-Series rifle.

LHitchcox
07-25-2017, 12:30 PM
Plus, they have no left hand support. I just wish Savage would take the initiative and build a Mini Model 10/11/12 and chamber for the .378 case head cartridges with a barrel nut. The 25 is a butt ugly rifle. And this is from a guy who thinks the 110s with barrel nut are pretty.

Aaron L
07-26-2017, 09:32 PM
Nothing of the sort is currently available.

The Model 25's have minimal aftermarket support, and frankly I'm somewhat surprised the M25 line has endured as long as it has given the minimal interest we see for them here. I just can't imagine them being big sellers given they cost just as much (sometimes even more) than a 110-Series rifle.

Plus, they have no left hand support. I just wish Savage would take the initiative and build a Mini Model 10/11/12 and chamber for the .378 case head cartridges with a barrel nut. The 25 is a butt ugly rifle. And this is from a guy who thinks the 110s with barrel nut are pretty.

Caution: Dreamer's rambling ensues...

I agree completely. Savage would certainly end up with a lot more of my $$$ if they'd produce LH and RH "Mini-110" actions suitable for the Hornet and .378" case head cartridges. Factory rifles with some good laminated and quality synthetic stock options with medium and varmint profile barrels chambered in .204, .223, .221FB, .17 HH, .22Hornet (that I'd have reamed th K specs) would be a great start with minimal risk. Also, rebarreling/rechambering to the many .17/.19.20.22 small case wildcats would be popular with those of us that cannot leave 'well enough' alone.

For us lefties, we are limited to Cooper and CZ based custom ($$$) rigs if we want anything resembling those 'dream' rifles. CZ does produce LH versions of their 527 American and Lux rifles in .204Ruger and .223 (no Hornets or .221FB). Those are only available with walnut stocks and sporter profile barrels. The heavier barreled 527 Varminter isn't available in LH.