PDA

View Full Version : Plastic Trigger Guards

bsekf
07-05-2017, 10:05 AM
Does everybody replace them? The rear pillar seats against it and the plastic will surely compress. Anybody left the plastic one on and gotten good accuracy? Or, replaced the plastic with metal and gotten better accuracy? It is getting hard to find pre-accrutrigger metal trigger guards.

Bill

RC20
07-05-2017, 12:20 PM
I replaced mine, not for accuracy, it was so cheap I could not stand it.

RustyShackle
07-05-2017, 09:46 PM
I have a plastic in a Boyd's stock. So far it shoots great!

SageRat Shooter
07-06-2017, 11:00 AM
I replaced my trigger guard after I did the pillar job on my axis, (Also in a Boyds stock) It did compress and bend when tightened down to the pillar. I will say that it helped "retain" my accuracy, but wouldn't say it improved it all that much. However, I have not messed with the Torque that is being used. I've heard that one can fine tune accuracy a bit more with experimenting with action screw torque settings...

suede
07-06-2017, 04:18 PM
Does everybody replace them? The rear pillar seats against it and the plastic will surely compress. Anybody left the plastic one on and gotten good accuracy? Or, replaced the plastic with metal and gotten better accuracy? It is getting hard to find pre-accrutrigger metal trigger guards.

Bill

Is there a differens between accutrigger and non-accutrigger trigger guards?

i have a non accutrigger also and plan to replace my plastic a steel one. midway has them. https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1778119847/savage-arms-trigger-guard-savage-10-through-16-110-through-116-steel.

SageRat Shooter
07-06-2017, 04:29 PM
[QUOTE=suede;410781]Is there a differens between accutrigger and non-accutrigger trigger guards?

There is a difference, although I can't tell you what the difference is.... The Accutrigger has a little more width to the inlet, then a regular Savage trigger, I'm guessing it's because of the Flang?

foxx
07-06-2017, 04:41 PM
Accutrigger guards have a wider slot for the trigger and the outside of the guard is a bit wider, as SageRat said. Also, some/most accutrigger tg's have a "step" in the front part of the base of the guard so it is not flat across the topside of the base.

suede
07-06-2017, 04:43 PM
So now im a bit confused... so there is a difference then but will both versions fit each other? i just bougt a hogue stock for my savage, so now im unsure about if the trigger guard i plan to buy will fit. trigger guard: https://www.brownells.se/TRIGGER-GUARD-METAL-MATTE

foxx
07-06-2017, 04:52 PM
The trigger guard in your link to Brownell's abive is the older style. It will only work with the old, non accutrigger triggers.

If you have the Accustrigger, you need what Savage calls the "Wide" trigger guard. Wide will work with either. Accutrigger NEEDS the wide one. If your Hogue stock is for the non accutrigger, it can be widened to accept the Accutrigger or "wide" TG.

suede
07-06-2017, 04:57 PM
Ok great, thanks. I have a non accutrigger so this one will fit then. Don't know if Hogue does different versions of the stocks for accu and non accu, I don't think so, so it will probably fit. I was actually in contact with Hogue before I ordered and stated I had a non accu and they confirmed that the 11105 stock will fit.

Thanks all for your expertise!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk