PDA

View Full Version : Axis 308 HB - update round count 1,000 plus

ivob
07-01-2017, 06:08 PM
Well guys today was the day the round count on my Axis exceeded 1,000 rounds since I purchased it 6 months ago -the bad the magazine plastic clip broke just under 500 rounds - the good here's the list.

1 - low cost of purchase
2 - very accurate out of the box likely just as accurate if not better than Rifles costing hundreds more
3 - still shoots MOA with a hot barrel
4 - Ejects all rounds
5 - can feed rounds in one at a time without jamming

I can nit pick at the stock / trigger / the mere fact that the word Axis people automatically think of a cheap unreliable POS

The only upgrade I did was install a Rifle Basix trigger - pull is just over 2 pounds consistently

How hot did the barrel get? picture driving down a road during the hot summer and you see that wavy haze ahead of you - that is what I was looking at through the scope today.

BTW not worried about wearing out the barrel a gun is made to be shot a car is made to be driven - right now have 60 brass in the tumbler

cheers
ivo

30-06shooter
08-10-2017, 04:45 PM
Nice to see the pos axis is still performing lol. I plan on upgrading the barrel on mine. The pencil barrel gets hot quick...

ivob
08-10-2017, 08:28 PM
I would upgrade also if I had the same barrel as you do - have 200 pieces of brass (lapua/Win) primed and ready to reload for my next range day - current round count 1,400'ish

cheers
ivo
since 1967

s3silver
08-11-2017, 12:02 AM
Nice to hear the axis is still running strong. I had one with the accutrigger in 308 win with sporter barrel. It was real lightweight and shot moa. It now belongs to my BIL. I do miss it.

ivob
08-12-2017, 06:09 AM
I reloaded 100 rounds yesterday - using two types of Hornady ammo 168g (Match & HPBT) max load using Varget is 42.7 grains with the Match bullet - the Axis is a pleasure to shoot - often run the barrel hot and it doesn't seem to affect point of impact - I shoot five shot groups feeding them in one at a time with no jamming.