PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from up north

jadebeer
06-30-2017, 01:33 PM
Hi all

I'm from BC, on Canada's West Coast. I purchased my first rifle a .22LR Savage 64 FXP a couple of days ago. One has to start somewhere right? And it's Canadian made eh <-- jk, but it really is.

[EDIT: I had this in here before seeing that I shouldn't be asking questions here, my apologies. I'll ask that in another thread, but leave it in here because it tells you where I'm at right now...

Anyway I want to take it out to the range this weekend. I tried installing the Tasco scope that came with it but it points to the left (somewhat familiar with that but anyhow...) That was just after taking the rifle apart for the first obligatory pre-fire cleaning. Everything fits together back nicely, so I doubt that the barrel and action don't line up, but somehow the scope doesn't quite run parallel to the barrel. Any advice?

The wife is really looking forward to shooting it with the scope and I would hate to disappoint.

Thanks in advance.

/EDIT]

RustyShackle
07-01-2017, 01:52 AM
Welcome to the forum!

Regarding the scope issue it's likely either the rings or the grooves milled into receiver aren't true to the bore/bbl.

drybean
07-01-2017, 09:10 AM
Welcome aboard

ragsflh
07-01-2017, 01:23 PM
howdy

ttexastom
07-01-2017, 03:19 PM
Welcome to brothers of the barrel nut

Hotolds442
08-14-2017, 08:50 AM
Welcome!