PDA

View Full Version : Savage model 10 scout side release magazine

canon6
06-21-2017, 08:56 PM
I just traded into a 308 Scout.It is one of the old ones with the side release magazine.I have one mag of you guys have any idea where I could get another.Thanks, Doug

Robinhood
06-22-2017, 12:24 AM
You might have to wait a while.
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/1778305745/savage-arms-magazine-savage-16c-short-action-non-magnum-22-250-remington-243-winchester-7mm-08-remington-308-winchester-4-round

canon6
06-22-2017, 09:41 AM
Thank you very much.Doug

J.Baker
06-22-2017, 06:34 PM
Try Numrich's Gun parts as well. I remember steering a guy there with a similar question about a month ago and they still had some, but the price was pretty salty. Savage no longer makes these magazines so places like Midway USA and Brownell's won't be getting any more. Numrich's buys older guns and strips them down for parts and they are the ones that usually buy up Savage's leftover surplus parts when something is discontinued.

If you have any plans of upgrading the stock anytime soon, I would strongly suggest forgetting about the factory mags and put that money towards getting the CDi Precision bottom metal that uses AICS style mag's. Much better quality magazine, readily available from several sources, and I believe CDi will inlet most any stock to accept it for you free of charge if you buy it direct through them.