PDA

View Full Version : Anyone heard from Apachegunworks?

Mnshooter
06-20-2017, 12:50 PM
I'm hoping this is ok to ask on this thread, if not, please let me know. I do not want to go against any guidelines on this forum.

Had anyone had recent communications with Jim at Apachegunworks?

I had several cordial communications with him, and paid in full for a barrel, in February 2016. Yes, Twentysixteen.
He initially said it would probably take a couple of months or so, but now sixteen months later, still no barrel.

I last heard from him in February 2017, when he said he still had not obtained a barrel blank, and would be upgrading me to a premium barrel so he could finish the job. The premium barrel company he mentions in his site told me they have had blanks in that caliber and twist in stock every day of this year.

I have never heard any more from him, either by direct email, email through his website, or attempts at phone calls, which have all gone to his answering machine.
I even offered to change to a different caliber, if that would help get a barrel finished, but never received any reply to that either, so I sent an email withdrawing that.

He continues to advertise barrels in this caliber (6.5) on Ebay, as a barrel he can complete to the buyer's specs, so I cannot understand why he can't do mine.

Can anyone offer any suggestions? I'm out of ideas.
Thanks in advance.

MRCHIRO
06-20-2017, 01:02 PM
Waiting... subbed... this isn't like Jim. He's a pretty stand out guy...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rjtfroggy
06-20-2017, 01:05 PM
I had email communication with him last week. There is something on his web site ( clickable one on here) about this problem, read it and follow instructions.

LoneWolf
06-20-2017, 01:23 PM
PM me with your order details, name, phone number, and email. I'll get you straightened out!

Robinhood
06-20-2017, 06:27 PM
I too think Apache Jim is a stand up guy. I have 5 barrels from him. All have been delivered in a very timely fashion and was the highest of quality work.

Another Stand Up Guy is Phillip P. who has offered to help out.

J.Baker
06-20-2017, 08:49 PM
Probably just an oversight on Jim's part. I know he's been struggling to get things back on track this year after they went askew due to issues with the hired help last year.

Mnshooter
06-20-2017, 09:43 PM
PM sent to LoneWolf.

Thank You Very Much!