PDA

View Full Version : Savage 12 FV stock dilemma!

cliffspot
06-19-2017, 10:45 PM
I have a 12 FV in 223. The gun shoots great in factory trim. Just don't like the factory synthetic stock, centerfeed no bottom metal. I have a chance to get a Choate Tactical DBM stock for a good price. There are different types of bottom metal for detachable box mags available. There is this one from Tactical works https://www.tacticalworks.com/CDI-Precision-Detachable-Bottom-Metal-for-Savage-Short-Action-Center-Feed-4.410-Hole-Spacing.html. And there is of course the Savage factory set up. I know the CDI needs inletting...but how much? And what parts would I need from Savage to fit into the Choate stock? Are they a drop in to the Choate stock? I have a one piece scope rail on the rifle and loading from the top wears out my thumb....usually when I have a batch of loads to test! HELP?!?!?!

psharon97
06-19-2017, 11:04 PM
I would contact CDI to see how much the inletting will cost. I was under the assumption that they would inlet your stock for free if you bought one of thier bottom metals, but I haven't looked into a CDI in a few years.

hoffamania89
07-05-2017, 11:23 AM
When I purchased from CDI they inletted my Bell and Carlson Stock - I believe I only paid for shipping.