PDA

View Full Version : Trophy hunter

Zerodur
06-14-2017, 03:30 PM
New here, why does everyone say when buying a Boyd's stock you need bottom metals for the model 11 trophy hunter but not the model 16 lightweight hunter when they are exactly the same stock, am I missing something

jmac1911
06-15-2017, 06:50 PM
I'm awaiting replys from knowledgeable people as well. I was told by Savage I need bottom metal for a model 16, be nice if I don't. The bottom metal is about the same cost as a stock.

SageRat Shooter
06-16-2017, 11:48 AM
My Trophy hunter had the Synthetic (POS) black stock when I bot it. The mag well is integrated into the stock (Including the mag retainer clip) I have the bottom bolt release version. You can reuse the trigger guard (if you so choose) But when buying a Boyd's Laminate, they use the bottom metal that Savage uses for their hardwood stocks. I ordered it all ( Mag housing, new trigger guard, and metal mag bottom) $150 or so shipped. I gotta say I like the Metal way more than the plastic, but it does make the stock a bit heavier.

Boyds website says that the 16/116 is actually the same as the Axis (employs the same setup for the mag well and trigger guard) "Integrated".... So apparently they are not the same stock setup when ordering from Boyds.

foxx
06-17-2017, 12:23 AM
New here, why does everyone say when buying a Boyd's stock you need bottom metals for the model 11 trophy hunter but not the model 16 lightweight hunter when they are exactly the same stock, am I missing something

Bottom "metal" for the TH is molded into the factory stock. It's not removable.

If the Model 16 lightweight Hunter does not need bottom metal when replacing the stock, it is b/c the plastic bottom metal is removable from the factory stock and can be added to the Boyds stock.