PDA

View Full Version : Failing to pick up the next round...

Grendelgene
06-12-2017, 03:06 PM
I just bought a Savage 10 BA Stealth in 6.5 Creedmoor. About half the time its not stripping the next round off of the Magpul AICS magazine....

I dont think its me, although I might not be pulling the bolt far enough back....

But are these magazines an issue with these rifles? Is this a common problem with the Savage?

Just wondering... I am new to these guns.

Thanks.

Gene.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Newt
06-12-2017, 03:10 PM
I've got a model 10 Fcp-sr in 308. Does the same thing if you don't pull the bolt the whole way back. I've read they are none for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rjtfroggy
06-12-2017, 04:50 PM
This will happen with any magazine fed gun, not just Savage. If you fail to pull back far enough there is nothing to push the next round forward and out.
Same thing will happen with a semi if there isn't enough pressure to push the bolt all the way to the rear.
When all else fails read the directions.

Phranque
06-12-2017, 08:02 PM
Are you doing the "super sneaky sniper ejection"? Are you trying to be all sexy by lifting the bolt up, then ease it back with the side of the thumb, while keeping the hand over the ejection port to keep your brass from flying? If so... work it, baby... pop that bolt up and nail it back... go for distance on that ejection, then ram it back home. Don't worry, you're not going to hurt her, she can take it... :redface-new:

J.Baker
06-12-2017, 08:40 PM
I've found the MDT mag included with the Stealth has more drag to it on the bolt that your standard Savage metal magazine and when I was doing my review had several occurrences where I "thought" I had cycled it all the way to the rear but in fact had short-stroked it.

Grendelgene
06-12-2017, 09:32 PM
It was my first time shooting it and I guess i just didnt pull the bolt far back enough. I worked the bolt again slowly and more deliberately tonight and it worked fine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk