PDA

View Full Version : Stevens 320: Need help replacing 320's Ejector Assembly....

ENBLOC
06-10-2017, 02:53 PM
I purchased a used 320 Combo having the 18.5 & 28 inch barrels. Once home I discovered the ejector was missing. I called Savage/Stevens and they promptly mailed me the replacement parts. There is a coil spring (like out of ball point pen) a small clamp with wings, small machine screw & long curved, grooved ejector stamping. Problem is that I can not find any exploded diagrams, nor schematic drawings to show how this all goes into the rcvr. I can see the small tapped screw hole on left inside of rcvr. I called Savage/Stevens back and they have no drawings as this is made in China. I can not find anything Googling either.
I'm hoping another 320 Owner out there can look inside their shotgun and perhaps give me some kinda detailed view as to how these parts go together. Because of "Liability" issues Savage/Stevens is telling me to take this to gunsmith, or return to them? Serial # puts date of mfg. Sept. 2013.
Has anyone else had issues with the ejector & assembly with this Model 320? Can anyone Please help me get my Stevens 320 back online?

J.Baker
06-11-2017, 07:11 PM
The 320's are clones of the Winchester 1300, so maybe check the schematics or try to find a YouTube video on them. I've never inspected one to see if it's 100% true to the Winchester design or not.

ENBLOC
06-11-2017, 09:38 PM
Stevens 320 & Winchester 1200/1300 ARE NOT Identical in the ejector parts/assemblies. Neither is my Sears Ted Williams 12 gauge identical to the Winchester, nor the Stevens. They are copies (not exact ones either). I need someone to show the way to a drawing of the Stevens 320 and how these components go together, OR Please look inside your 320 and describe how these ejector parts go inside the rcvr. I can see the small tapped hole for the small machine screw with the bolt to rear (inside left side rcvr), but that's as far as I can move now without some kinda guidance.

J.Baker
06-12-2017, 12:53 PM
I don't own one, and Savage doesn't have a manual listed online for these that might have a parts diargram in it I could look at, so best advice I can give you is to call Savage up and get instruction from them. It's their product and they sent you the parts, the least they can do is either tell you how to install them or send you a UPS label to send it back to them for repair.

ENBLOC
06-18-2017, 02:24 PM
I got ejector installed! I got shotgun dis-assembled. I could see hole in back of rcvr. where coil spring goes. Next I can see slimmer tab on ejector stamping that slips inside coil spring. The ejector has the small bump facing towards bolt that will knock hull off bolt when working slide back. I note that the small machine screw's head is too big to pass through slot in ejector stamping. I cleaned out tapped hole with alcohol and used some blue loctite and installed metal clip with wings having the wings towards front facing towards bolt. I had to push the ejector and coil spring back into the rcvr. holding secure as to not launch. I had to then pull up a bit on this stamping to slip wider tab in front to slip under the wings on the installed clip. The steps to sides of ejector tab keep the ejector from going forward any further and all is now secured under the tab wings. Lubed up ejector and groove on bolt with RIG silicon grease and re-assembled shotgun putting bolt & slide back into rcvr., Next was re-install trigger assembly and cross pin. Finally slipped the barrel back on and screwed back on the tube magazine end cap. All is well....