PDA

View Full Version : Installing Accutrigger in Non-Accutrigger Action

bsekf
06-07-2017, 09:51 AM
Can an accutrigger be installed in an older non accutrigger action? I thought I had seen instructions in the archives, but can't find it now.

Bill

RC20
06-07-2017, 05:33 PM
Savage says not

One member at least has done it.

strut64
06-07-2017, 07:14 PM
The receiver of an accu trigger fitted gun has a little hole drilled through the tang. It secures one end of the adjustment spring. That is one difference I have noticed. I have 3 savage actions each has a different style trigger - old style on a hunting sporter, an accu trigger on a mod 11 223, and a sav II on a target/varmint rig. All three have their place.

bsekf
06-08-2017, 07:54 AM
OK, I must have dreamed seeing instructions.

Bill

Bigeclipse
06-09-2017, 04:41 PM
Can an accutrigger be installed in an older non accutrigger action? I thought I had seen instructions in the archives, but can't find it now.

Bill
You can actually get the older style factory triggers down to a safe 3-3.5lbs (which is good enough for hunting purposes). There are some youtube videos. What I did was made the adjustments until I got to a tolerable setting which was about 3.2lbs. I then did all the SAFETY checks. Basically what you do is get the rifle ready to fire WITHOUT a live round in it (cock the bolt..etc.) Then you bang the rifle around. Slam the bolt closed and open a bunch of times. Drop the rifle on the butt stock a few times..etc. all while checking to see if the rifle fires(releases the sear). During all of this...flick the safety on and off to see if that causes the sear to drop. Not once did I have my rifle drop the sear during this. For me...this was enough to call it good. Never trust a safety though! Keep your finger off the trigger and do not point your rifle at anything you do not intend on shooting. Just saying.