PDA

View Full Version : Lyman borescope

Pages : 1 [2]

Deadshot2
06-10-2017, 08:40 AM
A bit off target (?) but how does everyone use or set up their BS?? How do you keep the BS rod off the bore/lands, etc., I realize the BS has it's own guide and it works pretty good, but how do you handle the rest of the rod to keep it lined up with the bore. Trying to look at the small view screen and control the BS rod can be a bit challenging at times (to me anyways) :confused:

i haven't found it to be a problem with the wand just floating in the barrel. I manipulate it with the handle end to get the best view and then just "snap" the picture I want.

If you get an assortment of small O-rings of different thickness just put a couple on the want at intervals so as you insert it there will be more and more centering support. Make the ID the same as he wand and the thickness a little less than 1/2 the difference between wand diameter and bore diameter of the barrel. The wand is pretty much "right sized" for any .22 cal barrel.

J.Baker
06-14-2017, 02:13 AM
Larger the bore diameter the bigger the problem with these. The lens almost has to be touching the bore in the direction you are looking to get a good clear view/picture. Makes it difficult to just run down and scan a bore quick and easy like you do a 22cal bore as you have to reposition the whole rod in the bore depending on which direction the lens is pointing, but it can be done.

jpx2rk
06-14-2017, 07:18 AM
Thanks for the tip on the O rings. I don't have any big bores, just rimfire, a 204 & 223"s.

Frog
06-16-2017, 03:53 AM
$195 on Amazon plus $25 rebate right now from lyman. Of course right after I get mine.