PDA

View Full Version : Rifle Basics Trigger

ourway77
06-04-2017, 11:18 AM
I want to by a Rifle Basic SAV II Trigger for my Savage model 12 action Question does one have to use the top release function or will it work w/o it? Thanks

Robinhood
06-04-2017, 11:24 AM
The SAVII is designed to be used for a top release action. If you are wanting it to work on a bottom release, I made a post to modify it for the bottom release. It was to make it fit in an XLR Chassis but I think everything on the trigger and the sear will work for you. It is a custom thing and will require some Dremel skills.

BTW, I think you are the busiest guy on the gun forums. It is fun watching you snatch up items and build your rifles. Anything I can do to help, PM me.

Nor Cal Mikie
06-04-2017, 11:43 AM
Lou:
Think hard before you jump on the Sav II. That one is more for bench work and pretty touchy. The Sav I would be more for regular work and if you breath on it, no worries about it going off when you don't want it to. I have two of the Rifle Basix Sav I triggers and love them both, Mike.

ourway77
06-04-2017, 12:07 PM
RH and NCM I have the Accu-trigger installed but just can't figure the installation of the spring so with that I thought I could eliminate the spring But now I see where even with the SAV II trigger I have to have the spring in place for the top bolt release too work Cal I was going with the SAV II trigger as my 6.5 I have is for range use only not a hunting rifle