PDA

View Full Version : 6mm br norma dies

lmiller
06-03-2017, 09:36 AM
OK folks what brand and the best place to buy please.

Robinhood
06-03-2017, 11:07 AM
Whidden for standard press or Wilson for arbor press is my opinion. Forster is a good option. Redding is hit or miss.

m12lrs
06-03-2017, 02:10 PM
Whidden for standard press or Wilson for arbor press is my opinion. Forster is a good option. Redding is hit or miss.

I have the forster full length die and the whiden full length die with his expander ball kit to control neck tension

Use the wilson in line seater with the 21st century shooting hydro press

Another great option is to send fired brass to harrells and have them select a die to match your brass. Close as you can get to custom for a resonable price

Texas10
06-13-2017, 08:41 AM
Midway is having a sale on the RCBS Gold Medal two die set for $114.00. I'm using one for my 6mmBR and have just ordered another set for a shooting buddy just getting into 6mmBR.

I measure runout and seat depth when reloading, and these dies are right on the money.

LoneWolf
06-13-2017, 09:05 AM
I've switched over to Forester Dies because my Whidden dies that I load 100-200rds a month with and cleaned after every session has a number of issues.

1. The seater die stated to pit and rust on the inner wall of the sleeve.
2. The sizer die came with a rod that was not threaded straight. (Good thing Redding guts fit these dies)
3. The hole in the sizer die was not drilled concentric and leaves marks on the brass just below the neck shoulder junction.

The Forester Dies I picked up are machined much better with much less slop. I'll be sticking to them from now on.

lmiller
06-16-2017, 11:39 PM
thank you everyone for your input, i bought the wilson dies with arbor in a kit.

Scott Evans
06-16-2017, 11:56 PM
Forster bushing bump kit with the micrometer Ultra seater. May eventually need a body die.

Lamenting the demise of the 6PPC Lee collet die (works for 6BR no shims, 6BRX/Dasher with shims).
I use the 6PPC collet die for 6BR as is, 6x45 + 6TCU with a longer mandrel swap and a shim.

Bowguy
08-14-2017, 02:06 PM
LoneWolf - interesting that you are having the same problem with rust on the inter wall of the sleeve of the Whidden die. I just had to order a sleeve for my Forester Ultra seater for this same reason. Once I found this, I checked all my dies that have sleeves (Redding) and found no sign of rust. Not sure why the difference but will pay more attention to this.

LoneWolf
08-14-2017, 03:04 PM
LoneWolf - interesting that you are having the same problem with rust on the inter wall of the sleeve of the Whidden die. I just had to order a sleeve for my Forester Ultra seater for this same reason. Once I found this, I checked all my dies that have sleeves (Redding) and found no sign of rust. Not sure why the difference but will pay more attention to this.

I agree. It would be nice if coating or treating was standard for dies. Some of the prices are pretty high for this to be a problem.