PDA

View Full Version : Sightron SIII 8-32X 1/4MOA dot- Question for those that have one!!

savageboy
09-27-2009, 08:58 PM
Does your Sightron SIII 8-32X 1/4MOA dot in the scope cover up too much of the target at long range to be annoying or cause you to not be able to aim as accuratly as you would like?

I shoot 1000yd F class. The dist btwn the lines of the 10 ring to 9 ring to 8 ring,etc. are 5". If I need to hold 11" off the "X" ring due to windage, I am losing 2.5" because of the dot and I am wondering if it will cost me a 10 or an X and end up with a 9 for score even if I got lucky and called the wind and mirage right (LOL) . Just wondering what your experience has been.

Thanks

ThorBird
09-28-2009, 08:22 AM
I really wish it was an 1/8 MOA. It covers up too much for my liking. I have only shot to 500, but I can see as I go out that it will be annoying. I love the scope, but if I could change one thing it would be that. I wish it was 1/8 MOA click too, but then I guess you will end up losing out in the internal adjustment, or pay the same amount as a Nightforce. It is a great scope though.

savageboy
09-28-2009, 11:10 AM
Thats kind of what I thought too.

Don - LongRangeSupply
09-29-2009, 01:44 AM
A gentleman at Sightron said they are considering a reticle similar to the NP-R1 on the Nightforce.

If it happens they will have a super long range scope. As it is now, the dot is too big.