PDA

View Full Version : Is the aluminum bedded Accustock way worse than a Boyds stock in my

randyhub
05-30-2017, 04:51 PM
Savage .223 Hog Hunter?

I have the factory DBM, and an option to by a Savage 10tr stock, are they really that bad?

RC20
05-30-2017, 05:26 PM
No they are not that bad. Its a decent stock. Its certainly a good all weather hunting stock.

If you want a serious target stock, maybe not the best but Hog Hunter seems to be for shooting things (seems a bit small for a hog but....)

I don't think the 10TR is a laminated stock so it has weather wood issues (or potential)

Zero333
05-30-2017, 06:50 PM
I like the accustocks for general plinking. For hunting I like the Savage non-accustocks because they're lighter and carry & handle nicer.

A boyds stock has to sometimes be fiddled with for a good fit and reliable feeding, and at least pillar bedded (which is not the easiest compared to other rifles) or glass bedded.

Accustocks have a narrower recoil lug so regular recoil lug has to be ground on it's sides to fit an accustock.

RC20
05-31-2017, 03:44 PM
The Boyds stocks I have are so well cut that the support is even all around with no high or low points (that would be Laminated though)

I have one EABCO stock that had to be bedded, The Boyds shoot as good or better than the EABCO.

Boyds lists the Laminated as all of 9 oz heavier than a typical plastic stock.