PDA

View Full Version : Boyds Single Shot Stock Request??

Pastprime
05-27-2017, 11:50 AM
Has anyone asked Boyds to make a stock with no cut-out for the magazine just action screw holes? I only shoot from the bench and have a single shot adapter so I'd rather have the extra wood for bedding. I've only bought one stock from the and don't know how flexible they are with their products.
Hank

J.Baker
05-27-2017, 02:17 PM
If they get 20-25 people asking for it they'll consider offering it, but honestly I don't see the need. Just get a blind mag stock and epoxy in a block of wood to fill the bulk of the magazine well before you bed it.

RC20
05-28-2017, 06:00 PM
That's what I did. I ordered the right stock with blind mag and filled in with a wooden block.

I just lied to the stock order and told it was an older blind magazine type.

Furred up to level, I don't even have a single shot adaptor in it. It feeds down the furring as nicely as a magazine fed (maybe better considering Savage and their magazines.)

As its a TBR I converted it to TBR bending a sear. I would advise heat as another had one break (he is metal worker so he fixed it with no issue) I got away with it. Future plans to paly with the old sear to see how much heat needed to work it.

Pastprime
05-28-2017, 09:38 PM
Good idea about the blind magazine stock. I need to do some more thinking about my project with the new options.