PDA

View Full Version : Striker mid to rear trigger conversion instructions?

Pages : 1 [2]

Iowa Fox
01-18-2022, 03:04 AM
What action did you order?

Appleseed
01-18-2022, 11:15 AM
This is a VLP rifle right hand single shot, a non-desig action ordered a few year ago was a 12 right hand det/mag. For that project, the mag well was a problem trying to shape a pistol stock. A better craftsman may not have that problem.

I still question if the new 110 pistol is a long action, the calibers as advertised are short action I think? I have looked at those new rifle models similar to the upcoming pistol, but couldn't get through all of them to check calibers...week of X-mas was a shopping boondoggle.

cknight814
01-19-2022, 02:38 PM
This is a VLP rifle right hand single shot, a non-desig action ordered a few year ago was a 12 right hand det/mag. For that project, the mag well was a problem trying to shape a pistol stock. A better craftsman may not have that problem.

I still question if the new 110 pistol is a long action, the calibers as advertised are short action I think? I have looked at those new rifle models similar to the upcoming pistol, but couldn't get through all of them to check calibers...week of X-mas was a shopping boondoggle.

The new 110 is most likely a short action. Savage has done weird things in the past using the 110 number as a short action, a buddy of mine has a 110 Tactical in 6.5 creedmoor and it is indeed the same short action length as a model 10.

mnbogboy2
01-20-2022, 02:23 AM
What action did you order?I didnotorderan action buthavemanylongactiondonorsincludingcenterfeed& staggerfeed. I have anassorymentof afteraretandmodified savagetriggers

cknight814
01-20-2022, 05:19 AM
That was painful to read… I’m not trying to be rude but maybe proof read before you hit post…

I’ve reread this entire thread now. I think the confusion is there are several different conversations going on in this one at once. mnbogboy2 replied to a 2017 thread where the original poster was asking about modifying a striker. But he’s asking about a long action designated action…

mnbogboy2
01-20-2022, 02:15 PM
That was painful to read… I’m not trying to be rude but maybe proof read before you hit post…

I’ve reread this entire thread now. I think the confusion is there are several different conversations going on in this one at once. mnbogboy2 replied to a 2017 thread where the original poster was asking about modifying a striker. But he’s asking about a long action designated action…
I think part of the confusion is do to the fact that auto-correct on this phone changed my word resurrected to redirected! Which completely changes the meaning of what I was doing. I actually want to know if any one one here has built a@striker like pistol from a savage long action. I would like. To see. Pictures and re ad more about this process.

mnbogboy2
01-20-2022, 04:11 PM

after my stroke last winter my phone keyboard skills have been drastically diminished with no ability to use my left hand to grasp/grip the phone in my left hand. Therefore the spacebar click often hits the "vee" simultaneously. Sorry if my edits didn't catch this. Also I've found that. Auto-correct will often change. Misspelled words for me to ones with completely different meanings. I have previously disabled auto correct because of ridicule baby others on other forums and Facebook discussions. Please accept my apology for my unedited posts. It seems like a leftist tactic to pick apart the work of others. You see this often on facebook.

Blue Avenger
01-20-2022, 07:04 PM
I think part of the confusion is do to the fact that auto-correct on this phone changed my word resurrected to redirected! Which completely changes the meaning of what I was doing. I actually want to know if any one one here has built a@striker like pistol from a savage long action. I would like. To see. Pictures and re ad more about this process.
https://specialtypistols.infopop.cc/eve/forums?csra=Y&s=9066056864

cknight814
01-21-2022, 01:17 AM
after my stroke last winter my phone keyboard skills have been drastically diminished with no ability to use my left hand to grasp/grip the phone in my left hand. Therefore the spacebar click often hits the "vee" simultaneously. Sorry if my edits didn't catch this. Also I've found that. Auto-correct will often change. Misspelled words for me to ones with completely different meanings. I have previously disabled auto correct because of ridicule baby others on other forums and Facebook discussions. Please accept my apology for my unedited posts. It seems like a leftist tactic to pick apart the work of others. You see this often on facebook.

EDITED FOR CLARIFICATION:

I didn’t mean to seem like I was picking apart anything, I was just being honest that it was difficult to read when there is a paragraph of text and only spacing for nine words. I’m sorry to hear about your stroke and health, and wish you the best recovery possible. I would suggest starting your own new thread about your topic instead of replying to a 2017 thread of a totally different topic, as that would give you the best results for answers to your questions with less confusion.

mnbogboy2
01-22-2022, 09:43 PM
The reason I replied as i did was that robin hood was part of the last thread and I respect his opinion on most savage matters.