PDA

View Full Version : 7mm STW Savage 114 ?

ncwg2boatguy
05-25-2017, 11:57 AM
Savage 114 7mm STW factory rifle? I bought an STW used and have come to believe its the best long range thumper around with handloads. Mine shoots .31 groups at 100yds if I do my part. its a 26" SS bull barrel .835 OD. Non-Accu-trigger, Blind Mag. My question is, Im wondering if my rifle is a factory gun? I found the 114C and 114U model Savage was chambered in 7mm STW. I don't see a U or C on the rifle so I am unsure. Does anyone have any idea what a factory Savage STW cost new?

packmule
05-30-2017, 01:30 PM
Savage 114-U was $465 new in 1999 in 7mm STW according to 23rd edition of Blue book of Guns Values.

packmule
05-30-2017, 01:45 PM
I have a Savage model 114 7mm Rem Mag that also does not have a C or U designation. It has an F ahead of the number. It has the older bolt release on the right side and no Accutrigger. It was made between 90 and 95 I think. It has been bedded and Timney trigger installed and it will shoot 3/4 MOA. with the sporter barrel (.530 OD at muzzle).

The STW is a fantastic cartridge IMO. You have a great rifle. There are other posts on this site and on the Savage web site that will be able to show you what year your rifle was made. It's probably worth $500 - $600 all day long depending on condition (maybe more). Go onto Gun Broker and see what they are selling for to get a ballpark. The STW has a lot of overbore capacity so be careful not to overheat it or unnecessarily up the round count. But you already knew that I'm sure.:cool: