PDA

View Full Version : Model 10 Accu-stock

ourway77
05-17-2017, 07:56 AM
Can a re-barreled model 12 action be put into a model 10 accu-stock 4.4 hole spacing on both? Been away a very long time Health issues back too shooting. Just had a model 12 action re-barreled to 6.5 Creedmore varmint contour. Thanks in advance

cqh1111
05-17-2017, 10:28 AM
You will need an accustock recoil lug. The regular recoil lug will not fit in an accustock. I think you can get them at midway. Or call savage.

Dantheman
05-17-2017, 03:44 PM
I am doing an accustock swap now and have a little info to share. I called savage and they want the serial number off the rifle. They will only sell the recoil lug that came with it. Midway is currently on backorder. My choice would have been to purchase an aftermarket lug, but I have not been able to find one that fits the accustock. PTG has a .187 parallel lug but it would still require modification. I wish I had a connection with a milling machine to modify a lug to the accustock lug specs. Good luck!

foxx
05-17-2017, 07:47 PM
They also come in a few varieties, such as Top Bolt Release and Bottom Bolt Release, sporter barrel channel and varmint barrel channel.

ourway77
05-17-2017, 09:19 PM
I already had a New Brux barrel put on my Savage 12 action the recoil lug I got was from Brownells Just bought the stock it hasn't got here yet If it doesn't fit I will just go ahead and sell it Bit I did buy the savage bottom metal that takes a magazine One question how does one remove the spring follower from the action I have always had Remington 700's and they are really easy to remove I just can't figure how this is held in place I see no screws

foxx
05-17-2017, 09:30 PM
Squeeze the sides of the mag at the center near the bottom. Twist it off. (to remove the mag bottom)

TO remove the spring, just pull it to the rear and it will slide out from the follower.

ourway77
05-20-2017, 06:41 AM
O.K. back to the stock I should receive it today If I try it and it doesn't work the recoil lug I had the gunsmith use when he re-barreled it Is there a possibility the accu stock can be altered to accept the recoil lug I am not about to remove the barrel worse thing I will buy a new stock is there a market for the accu stock and what is the going price Been away for three years due to health back now at 80 have to work fast don't know how much time I have left LOL

foxx
05-20-2017, 08:08 AM
Not knowing for sure which recoil lug he installed, we can't say for sure it will work with your Accustock. You will have to try to insert it into the stock and see if it fits, I guess. If it does not fit, you can try grinding down the recoil lug so it isn't so long (deep?) and see how it goes. You really can't alter the stock to fit the recoil lug, though, because there isn't enough metal in the bottom of the stock to allow you to deepen the recess for it without destroying the whole purpose of the Accustock.

They can be sold, I usually get $60 to $90 for them on Ebay.