PDA

View Full Version : Convert model 16 from hinged floor plate to internal magazine

insidetheten
05-16-2017, 02:51 PM
Upgraded my stock on my LH Model 16 in 7-08. Need to convert from hinged floor plate to internal magazine. What parts are needed, and where to buy? having some trouble finding what I need. THANKS!!!

Robinhood
05-16-2017, 05:24 PM
If it is a 4.4 screw spacing action, you need a different stock, one with no opening on the bottom that is designed for the 4.4. You will need the L clip. You can buy a used stock or a new one from many different makers and retailers. Done

insidetheten
05-16-2017, 05:49 PM
I did change stocks. The new stock I have is from Stockade, LH, SA, and does not have inletting for hinged floor plate or DBM. So what I need to know, and am having a hard time finding out, is what parts I need to get for a blind mag and follower. Can I reuse the magazine box from the hinged foor plate bottom metal? What is the L clip?

insidetheten
05-16-2017, 05:49 PM
4.4 screw spacing on original accustock

clintsrv
05-16-2017, 05:56 PM
Can I reuse the magazine box from the hinged foor plate bottom metal? What is the L clip?

Yes.

The L clip is a little piece that hooks into the rear of mag and once pushed into the opening acts as a retainer to keep mag box in place.
It rest on top of the rear pillar and in between it and action.

insidetheten
05-16-2017, 06:54 PM
Thanks Clint. I'll check it out. Should have asked this before, Can I also reuse the spring and follower? Any other parts that I will need, or reuse from the original stock?

deerhunter99
05-16-2017, 07:58 PM
A friend not me, changed one over he said everything from the one fit the ether, he said it just takes a little adjustment to make it work ??

Robinhood
05-16-2017, 11:31 PM
Going back to the my original response. You will need an "L" clip. Done.