PDA

View Full Version : Help with axis up grades

wicat3
05-12-2017, 10:53 PM
I have to send my axis in to be looked at for a bolt tightness issue and see if savage can make it right. If they can I would like to upgrade a few things on it to make a great hunting rifle. The first major upgrade would be a new scope. I am thinking something like a redfield revolution or nikon pro staff. I am thinking to go with the scope a set of rings and a rail. For the rail I am thinking sub moa 20 ewg and a dmz rings all in one base. Is this a decent set up that wont be over the top for an axis hunting rifle?

Handi204
05-12-2017, 11:01 PM
I personally would go with the Prostaff scope or look at a Vortex as far as the mount the DNZ are solid
Handi204

DrThunder88
05-13-2017, 05:34 AM
EGW makes an excellent product, but a 20 MOA rail might be a little much for most hunting applications. Weaver makes a fine rail as well, and it usually runs a bit cheaper.

Both scopes you've mentioned are good choices for hunting.

hornet112
05-13-2017, 08:44 AM
I just put a Pro Staff on my Axis with a weaver rail. I had to use high rings so the bell would clear the end of the rail.

SageRat Shooter
05-16-2017, 09:52 AM
You won't need the 20 MOA rail for a hunting rifle setup. Just get a standard rail for the Axis and a HIGH or X-High set of weaver rings. The Redfield has my vote, but either would be fine.