PDA

View Full Version : "inert Rounds"

EFBell
05-12-2017, 05:25 PM
Anyone know if there are any restrictions on shipping inert rounds?

LoneWolf
05-12-2017, 05:35 PM
I've shipped "dummy Rounds" To Jim at AGW a couple of times for chamber work. No issue, just a piece of brass with a bullet stuck in it.

sharpshooter
05-12-2017, 06:09 PM
No restrictions at all, until you run into that "know it all" moron at the post office that doesn't know what "inert" means.

Deadshot2
05-12-2017, 06:10 PM
No restrictions at all, until you run into that "know it all" moron at the post office that doesn't know what "inert" means.

Better yet, wrap it up so it doesn't rattle around and tell them it's a "Spark Plug" or "Glow Plug" if you have to tell them anything at all. ;)

LoneWolf
05-12-2017, 06:11 PM
Better yet, wrap it up so it doesn't rattle around and tell them it's a "Spark Plug" or "Glow Plug". ;)

Brass and copper fittings....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mozella
05-13-2017, 03:05 AM
Tell 'em it's a key ring because that's exactly what I have on my key ring. It's an inert .223 round. By the way, if you want to make one, just form a loop in a piece of wire, insert it through an enlarged flash hole in an unprimed case, put a drop of solder or epoxy down the neck and then seat a bullet. Bingo, you have a nifty addition to your key ring.

Road Rat
05-13-2017, 04:15 AM
I don't "tell" the postal clerk anything. I wait for them to ask questions; does the package contain any of the following - yak yak yak? I reply NO............That way - I don't lie to them!

Robinhood
05-13-2017, 06:23 AM
I don't "tell" the postal clerk anything. I wait for them to ask questions; does the package contain any of the following - yak yak yak? I reply NO............That way - I don't lie to them!

This, and in full compliance with the law.

yobuck
05-13-2017, 09:17 AM
Whats the safest/best way to make an inert round without changing the physical appearance?
Ive thought of soaking in WD40 or something?
A short 50 case necked to 338 would make a nice key chain wouldn't it? lol

Deadshot2
05-13-2017, 11:15 AM
Whats the safest/best way to make an inert round without changing the physical appearance?
Ive thought of soaking in WD40 or something?
A short 50 case necked to 338 would make a nice key chain wouldn't it? lol

WD-40 might work if you soak it for a few days and then remove the anvil and primer compound.

Another way would be to put the primer in a metal pan with metal lid, put it on the burner and heat it up. The primer will "pop" but with not all that much energy released as it's not confined. The pan will keep it from flying off in an unknown direction.

EFBell
05-13-2017, 06:29 PM
just looking to ram up a few 38 wad cutters with no powder or primer for my kids "cosplay" gun belt. I've looked at the price to buy them and they are ridiculous.

Thanks guys

243LPR
05-14-2017, 10:13 PM
I tell usps "machine parts".