PDA

View Full Version : 243lbc

ksmirk
05-07-2017, 05:38 PM
Not sure if anyone offers this chambering option or not but seems a rather economical choice with better performance over the 6.5 Grendel, I've owned a 6mm Fat Rat but this option would save me approx $200 on dies :)

Does anyone know who may offer this option for a small shank model 10? if you could drop me the info that would be great! Later,

Kirk

Rosco
05-07-2017, 05:59 PM
I would give black hole weapony a call I believe they have this chambering offered.

ksmirk
05-07-2017, 07:08 PM
I saw plenty of options for the AR but never saw anything about the Savage Pre-Fits but like you I've heard they offer them but my search foo on their site I came up with squat! maybe best if I just get on the phone and give them a call tomorrow. Figure it would be cheaper to buy one than hunt down a reamer and do my own blank. Rosco I appreciate the direction sir. Later,

Kirk

Rosco
05-07-2017, 11:24 PM
Well I hope they can help, worst case get a reamer done and have someone chamber you up a blank.

JASmith
05-08-2017, 08:37 AM
The .243 LBC looks like a pretty good carridge.

If, however, you are looking for better muzzle velocity from a cartridge with a PPC bolt face, then look at the the 6mm AR Turbo (http://www.6mmar.com/6mmAR_Turbo.html).

If you can live with the .473 bolt face, there's a ton of 6mm target cartridges that will give even better performance out of the Savage starting with the short BR cartridges and working to longer versions like the 6mm Creedmoor and .243 Winchester.

m12lrs
05-08-2017, 07:04 PM
Not sure if anyone offers this chambering option or not but seems a rather economical choice with better performance over the 6.5 Grendel, I've owned a 6mm Fat Rat but this option would save me approx $200 on dies :)

Does anyone know who may offer this option for a small shank model 10? if you could drop me the info that would be great! Later,

Kirk

Bolt.gun or AR

If a bolt gun i wouldn't pick any cartridge designed for the AR15 platform. Why limit yourself like that.

6BR at least. If you want more velocity go dasher or in 6.5 the creedmoor or 260 or 6.5 x 47. Hell with a savage you can have them all. Just a barrel switch away.

If an ar i have a turbo 40. Pretty awesome.

ksmirk
05-08-2017, 09:55 PM
Fella's I appreciate the suggestions for a bigger more powerful round BUT I don't need that..... I already have those, I've a 243 that I can sling 105 Berger's like you'd not believe and it's been out to 1350 just doesn't hit real hard when it gets there lol I've got the 308 and it's a hoot out to 1K! the barreled action in the safe in 300WM is just waiting on the stock from Kevin to get here so I'm covered on the higher powers but looking for something to tinker with at the 500 meter line. Original and not off the table was the 6.5 Grendel but the 243LBC really caught my attention as I've a mess of 6mm bullets.

This is a bolt gun and while I could just order up a blank and reamer and spend some quality time on the lathe I was thinking of being lazy and save a few pennies and trying to find a pre fit so the reason for the question as I couldn't find anything on line and thought I'd ask here. I did call Black Hole and while they are not on the site they do offer them as well as several other calibers so if your looking you might give them a call as I've heard rather good things about them.

I had a 6mm Fat Rat for a touch of time and truth I don't believe I'd be limiting myself at all with any of the Grendel based rounds! truth my bigger rounds are rather boring at the 500 meter line I think the Grendel would be a fine round at that range. Later,

Kirk

bc83
05-09-2017, 10:40 PM
Black hole has them just give them a call they don't show them on there web site.

ksmirk
05-10-2017, 08:35 PM
bc83 I did call and speak with them, got a price and a lead time and more than likely I'll order one soon as I get the 300WM project completed.... only 5 more weeks and I'm hoping a box from Kevin shows up at my door :) it's been a LONG wait! but I already have one of his stocks so I know what I'm getting and while it will be worth it I just wish the wait wasn't as long. Later,

Kirk