What action wrench for m12 LRP ?
Thanks

racer55
05-06-2017, 12:49 PM
I can only offer a guess that it would be the same as other savages:
Wheeler Action Wrench #2 - Remington 700 by Wheeler

big honkin jeep
05-06-2017, 04:42 PM
Northland shooters supply makes a nice one.

Robinhood
05-06-2017, 07:57 PM

I made my own but I think I would model it after the NSS piece if I made another one.

homefrontsniper
05-06-2017, 09:05 PM
Yepp..was thinking of making one. Didya see how David tubb changed barrels years ago. bottle jack and some wood.

JeepsAndGuns
05-07-2017, 07:59 AM
I also have the wheeler action wrench and barrel nut wrench. I have only done 2 barrel jobs with them, but they have been well worth the money.
Not sure about other areas, but around here, local gunsmiths charge more than what both wrenches cost. So for me, buying them for just one job saved me money.

RC20
05-07-2017, 03:03 PM
I endorse the NSS as its got mods on it that work as well as a data sheet for the torque settings on the tool and barrel nut (a help to start with)

And agreed on the price of the wrench vs someone else doing it and I can set it to where I want.

There is also a convenience factor. I don't have to drive across town, explain what I want, then wait for it to get done. I can do it when I want or get the time opening.

Add bonus is satisfaction on doing something like that yourself with pressures of that magnitude and perfectly safe doing so.

It kind of helps some of the other stuff out there get put into perspective.

Bigeclipse
05-08-2017, 09:47 AM

x2 this is the one I use. One barrel job will pay for itself.

homefrontsniper
05-11-2017, 04:59 PM
Thank you.

m12lrs
05-12-2017, 03:20 PM
I own the nss action wrench

but I use this one

http://www.brownells.com/userdocs/products/p_749005809_3.jpg

RC20
05-13-2017, 02:59 PM
And that is?

m12lrs
05-13-2017, 06:09 PM
And that is?

Davidson rear entry action wrench. My savage is a switchbarrel. I have the barrel nut glued on. Put the barrel in a barrel vice, take the bolt out and slide the action wrench in and you can unscrew the barrel without even taking the action out of.the stock. Then just screw the next one in. With the barrel nut.glued the headspace is already set so you are good to go. Now i only use #20 of torque. Not beating.on it with a rubber mallet or two grunts.

http://i1056.photobucket.com/albums/t379/rcoody1/20170513_175617_zpsaz27egff.jpg

foxx
05-13-2017, 06:16 PM
^^^It's great for switch barrel use, but I do not believe it is recommended for removing factory installed or heavily torqued barrels.

m12lrs
05-13-2017, 06:51 PM
^^^It's great for switch barrel use, but I do not believe it is recommended for removing factory installed or heavily torqued barrels.

Hell No!

I would use my NSS for that.

Of course i have never had the pleasure of removing a savage factory barrel

I bought 2 of the dual port target actions and built my rifles from them. Fact is they are still a work in progress. Constantly evolving.

One i sent to Fred i just got.back. First coat of.clearcoat on the stock today. Had him time and.true,.benchrest trigger, benchrest stock and bed the action. Hope to get it together this week

The other i got a richards microfit, whiddon vblock and did.all the.stock work. Hated the accutrigger. Never know if it would fire or go in safe.mode. kind of breaks your concentration. Just installed a rifle basix 2 on it. Hope to test it out tomorrow. Been working on this project for over a year. Has allowed me to work out my switchbarrel routine.

My stock work will soon go in the dumpster. To be replaced by one more.professionally done.

Sure i could have bought a nice Benchrest rifle for what i have spent. Been there and done that. But i have.learned a lot and i can say i did it.myself.

Arky 223
05-13-2017, 08:02 PM
I know this is not an answer to your question but another solution. Use a barrel vise and a nut wrench, it is quicker, you do not have to remove the scope base. If you are careful you do not even have to remove the scope.