PDA

View Full Version : Model 10 6.5 Creedmore

tgrif04
04-22-2017, 06:38 PM
I picked up a model 10 in 6.5 creedmore last week and went to the range today. The gun shot like all savages do-outstanding. The only problem I had was with the 10 round mag that came with the rifle. I was constantly having to tap the bottom of the mag to get the next shell to come up where the bolt could pick it up. I,also, have a model 10 in 223 and never had an issue with it.
Has anyone else experienced something similar and if so, what was your solution?

tufrthnails
04-22-2017, 06:42 PM
yep if you don't set that mag perfectly it has feed issues. I just use the axis style mag and if feeds flawlessly. I fiddled with the mag lips and got it for feed a little better, but it really took learning to lock the mag in properly each time.

Deadshot2
04-22-2017, 06:46 PM
Sometimes "New" needs to get a little wear (or sometimes dust) on it to work smoothly.

If it were my mag I'd take it apart, clean the thing well, look for any stickiness with the follower and then give the inside a quick (meaning small) squirt of Hornady One-Shot Case lube. Let sit for a few minutes then blow out well with air.

You also want to make sure that the mag is properly lined up in the magwell so next round doesn't get hung up under the feed ramp.

tgrif04
04-22-2017, 08:25 PM
Today was my first time shooting the rifle so I will give it a wait and see to see if I can get the thing to feed properly Thanks for the reply.

yep if you don't set that mag perfectly it has feed issues. I just use the axis style mag and if feeds flawlessly. I fiddled with the mag lips and got it for feed a little better, but it really took learning to lock the mag in properly each time.

tgrif04
04-22-2017, 08:26 PM
I will take your suggestion, also. Thanks for the reply.

Sometimes "New" needs to get a little wear (or sometimes dust) on it to work smoothly.

If it were my mag I'd take it apart, clean the thing well, look for any stickiness with the follower and then give the inside a quick (meaning small) squirt of Hornady One-Shot Case lube. Let sit for a few minutes then blow out well with air.

You also want to make sure that the mag is properly lined up in the magwell so next round doesn't get hung up under the feed ramp.