PDA

View Full Version : Recoil Pad Question

gearhead
04-22-2017, 07:47 AM
Hi SavageShooters,

I'm new to the forum, I have a Model 111 in .30-06 with the factory synthetic stock and I love it! I'm looking for a replacement aftermarket recoil pad to make shooting .30-06 loads a bit more fun. I'm looking for the pad that isn't a slip on and would like to try and get an exact fit (not the grind to fit kind). Does anyone know of a recoil pad that would work for this application?

I apologize in advance if this topic has been covered elsewhere on the forum... I searched but didn't find the answer. Not sure if it hasn't been covered yet or if my searching skills are simply sub-par....

Thanks!!!!!

RustyShackle
04-22-2017, 09:06 AM
http://www.savageshooters.com/showthread.php?6926-Recoil-Pad-for-111

RC20
04-23-2017, 02:30 PM
Thank you, that deals with one of my upcoming project tog et better recoil pads on 2 of the 3 guns.

LoneWolf
04-23-2017, 02:57 PM
I've replaced a few recoil pads with Kick-EEZ pads. You can order them over sized and grind them to fit real easy. I've also used them to extend the length of pill when needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YabaDabaDoo
04-23-2017, 10:05 PM
I have a the Trophy Hunter XP, I think a 111. Mine is a 7mm-08. I replaced it with a limbsaver recoil pad. Not the slip-on kind.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

SageRat Shooter
04-24-2017, 11:45 AM
I have a the Trophy Hunter XP, I think a 111. Mine is a 7mm-08. I replaced it with a limbsaver recoil pad. Not the slip-on kind.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

My vote for the Limbsaver also... It is a grind to fit though.. It's not difficult at all and it works really well.

bearcatrp
04-25-2017, 07:57 AM
My brother in law's 30 06 was a beast shooting. After a few shots, your shoulder was pounding. He put a brake on it and wow, took 50% recoil away. Can shoot all day with no shoulder pain at all. Helped allot with muzzle rise too. Just a suggestion.

big honkin jeep
04-25-2017, 11:40 AM
Just to address the Limbsaver suggestions,
I used to love them and they do a fine job of recoil reduction, But in my experience they begin melting and turning to a tar like goo after a few years. Remington even issued a recall on some that they put on their flagship anniversary 700 CDL models. At first I just thought it was a problem with a bad batch made for Remington until the aftermarket ones I bought for other rifles started melting too. They get very sticky and start leaving melted goo all over the place and sticking to the carpet in my safe and in my gun cases on my clothes etc. as well as picking up leaves, dirt, pet hair and anything else the come in contact with. And no it's not from cleaning products or high temps and in my experience as near as I can tell seems to be related simply to age. A darn shame since they work so well at reducing recoil but in my opinion not worth the mess in the long run.

A grind to fit is gonna give you the best looking results as a drop in rarely fits as well and often can look down right sloppy.

RC20
04-25-2017, 12:40 PM
Good to know, thank you.

It sound like the Kick EEze can be ground to fit as well after you get it?

I have one, I really like it. Sorry I didn't get a bit thicker (after shooting for 7 or 8 hours shoulder starts to get sore) (30 caliber stuff)

I do have a slip on that works pretty good (with some mods and seeing on my part)

Kick Eeze after seeing both the Limbaver and their was my choice to look at first.

The slip on will just go on the K31. The 1917s are not bad though I tend to shoot those early in the day.

lone gunman
04-27-2017, 09:44 PM
Kick Eez pads are on sale at bullets.com

http://www.bullets.com/search?q=(Recoil+AND+Pads)+AND+(brand:Kick-Eez)&email=frankstairjr@live.com&utm_source=email&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=042717_kick-eez_top