PDA

View Full Version : 2 stage trigger for Savage 10/110

Pages : 1 [2]

DenverDave
05-17-2017, 04:16 AM
Great write up. And the responses on both sides reflect the interesting tension between mfgs and users.

We don't take the chance on a product costs and possible failure.

We might be up to 3 or 4 of SSS order needs! He obviously would not be the one to come out with this, that would be a larger mfg that could address that as it would be a small aspect of the business (Timney comes to mind). Of course good luck in getting their attention.

On the other hand, there is a lot of evidence on the two stage popularity.

I am sort of a bad example for SSS to deal with. While I would like it, I am good enough with the acu trigger (as to how it works) as to not buy an aftermarket regardless. Part of the problem is I would have to buy 3.

I had a couple of gas guns, both got better triggers. One was a mfg upgrade kit (XCR and Robinson Arms) and the other was a custom RRA that I got the chrome plated two stage option when I ordered it. From the XCR I knew what I wanted. The RRA was great.

I have since sold the gas guns as I like target shooting, but I also got more into military guns and now the acu trigger and my like of two stage continues.

I shot my brothers Savage 6.5 Lapua the other day, while its supposed to be a standard acu trigger, it felt more like the target version. Mine are good, his was darn near of not perfect (I wacked out a 1.2 inch 5 shot group with it - keeping in mind that its a good setup with a good barrel, he builds very good ammo - the rear back setup was shaky - but unless you can shoot you still are not going to be able to do that regardless. I had learned a new hand position for a normal stock (I shoot thumb hole in mine) shooting the CZ 22 and used that and it worked nicely.

I am surprised Timeny does not offer that two stage option. They do for other guns.

For those of us who are interested perhaps if would be worthwhile to write Timeny. If we get a couple hundred people to sign/express interest perhaps it will get there attention. I would be happy to draft something up. Any takers?

Anyone know if Timeny has an official "industry" forum ? like many companies do on ARF for example?

Furthermore support from folks like lone wolf, who are highly accomplished in the sport would certainly help our cause...

As far as gas gun triggers go I have a LaRue MTB in one of my ARs and a Geissele SSA-E in the other. Bill Geissele would be my pick if I could choose anyone to undertake this project. Unfortunately every product he makes is for the AR so I agree Timeny would be a more likely candidate for this project. Would certainly introduce the idea to Bill though just in case!

RC20
05-17-2017, 12:46 PM
I can support it but can't commit to triggers so I may be useless (sometimes my wife is even a bit harsher)