PDA

View Full Version : Identify older, modified LH 110 rifle.

LHSavage110DouglasBarrel
04-19-2017, 02:41 AM
I have had a LH bolt action 110, detachable magazine rifle, with a Douglas premium barrel, and jewelled bolt, that a police armourer built for me many years ago. I am trying to find out something about it, and the true identity/codes, so i can replace the stock. It hasn't been over used, but I had another mate who decided to lighten the front a tad (he did a nce job, but) ..... and now I find it flexes, and isn't how I like it. The trigger is offset to the left, as well (and is light, and precise). It's in .308, and loves 168gn HPBT.

The serial number is D685983 (I'm in Australia), it has an old 3-9x40 Tasco and I did replace the mounts, with good ones.

Does anyone have access to a way to identify this from the serial number??

sharpshooter
04-19-2017, 07:00 AM
From what have described, it's a series J 110 short action, left hand with a side button release DBM. I really doubt you'll find a stock for such a rarity......you'll probably have to go custom.

LHSavage110DouglasBarrel
04-19-2017, 09:05 PM
From what have described, it's a series J 110 short action, left hand with a side button release DBM. I really doubt you'll find a stock for such a rarity......you'll probably have to go custom.

Thank you for that...... any idea when the action dates from? I know it was rebuilt in about 1986, when the Douglas barrel was added.

J.Baker
04-19-2017, 09:33 PM
Thank you for that...... any idea when the action dates from? I know it was rebuilt in about 1986, when the Douglas barrel was added.

See this post: http://www.savageshooters.com/showthread.php?55695-Dating-Serial-Numbers-with-a-Letter-Prefix

LHSavage110DouglasBarrel
04-21-2017, 07:27 PM
See this post: http://www.savageshooters.com/showthread.php?55695-Dating-Serial-Numbers-with-a-Letter-Prefix

Thank you very much. In a couple of days you have managed to answer questions no-one around here seemed to know the answer to! Nor had I been able to find out.

Regards

Chris