PDA

View Full Version : Weather Warrior 300WSM stock

Kilwinning
08-26-2010, 01:34 AM
Hello all
Great site ,I bought the above rifle because of research I did on here
As an unpaid member for quite some time ,I finally paid up ,don`t know why I did not do it sooner .
I have a Weather Warrior 300WSM accutrigger ,with a detachable clip,The screw spacings are 4.4".I have been looking for a stock(Synthetic or laminated) for a while now and have come to realize that there is not many options out there for this firearm.
Is anybody aware of any stocks that could be modified to fit with a reasonable amount of work.I do live on Vancouver Island, Canada so this creates other problems but I can work on that .
Thanks for your time
Dave

hailstone
08-26-2010, 07:55 AM
Numrich Arms had factory walnut stocks for the bottom metal and detachable clip magazine. I bought one couple weeks ago and it was just like my Model 14's stock. Only down side was it needed to be fitted to bottom metal at the front action screw. Turned out to be easy fifteen minute job with drill press, forester bit, c-clamps and scrap wood. Would definately buy from them again when in need of SA stock.

Kilwinning
08-26-2010, 03:53 PM
Thank`s Hailstone
I will look into that

gearandflapsup
09-07-2010, 09:55 PM
I put a Stocky's laminated "Tundra" thumbhole on my Model 16 in 325 WSM. It is sweet. I had my local Gunsmith glass bed it for me. Recoil was significantly reduced and I am very happy with it. With my bi-pod I am shooting 3 inch groups at 300 yards.