PDA

View Full Version : Looking for lightweight stock

Pages : 1 [2]

big honkin jeep
11-12-2017, 10:33 PM
The rifle shoots off a bench OK, but my OCD is not allowing me to leave it in the flexible stock!!
Well you could always modify the "flexible" stock. Clipping a few inches off the fore end, barrel, or both would reduce the mechanical leverage thereby theoretically reducing "flex" and weight at the same time.
Heck I chopped a .308 down to 16" and also cut down the stock. The resulting kickin around the farm handy dandy carbine for what needs killing is one of my favorites. Super easy and agile to handle and point, lightweight, and will definitely go the distance with accuracy and plenty of authority.

MI223
12-01-2017, 10:42 AM
I wish manners didn't require the mini chassis for savage. I would like a mcs-t with carbon fill but the weight and cost of the mini chassis really takes away all of the appeal of that stock

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

cowboybart
12-04-2017, 06:27 PM
I'll pay for 24oz. I'm not to willing to pay for 30oz-32oz. I can find walnut for 35oz

Shorteound
12-09-2017, 01:13 AM
Talk to Stuart at Wildcat stocks out of Canada. I went in last year to talk to him about building me something for my Savage lightweight hunter. Gun from the store weighed in at 6 lbs 1 oz, had him build me a Winchester featherweight stock, which came out at 17 oz unfinished, I believe. Took a lot of fitting and bedding, and I turned it into a blind mag on the way, but finished stock was 22 oz, and gun without scope weighs in at 5 lb 2 oz.

So you could do what I did for less than half the price if the McMillan for a lighter stock... Or I sold him the takeoff factory stock so he could make a mold. He may be offering a savage short action by now, I dont know. Either way, get in touch, he'll accomadate special projects, and if enough people show interest he'll start building Savage stocks.