PDA

View Full Version : Mark I/II/93R: MK II + New Scope

huntin1
04-17-2017, 09:16 AM
The Vortex Viper finally showed up so I moved the Nikon Monarch 4-16x42 to the MK II. Boresighted with a laser, went to the range but there were a few guys there that wanted to get some handgun practice so I had very little time. Five rounds of CCI standard velocity @ 50 yards, first round was the one near the top of the diamond, came down 2 clicks and shot the other 4. I think it's pretty well dialed in, but would like to see the groups a bit tighter, some of it could have been me as I was rushing it. However, I think I need to pick up some good target ammo.

Lorenzo
04-18-2017, 04:30 PM
How often do you clean the bore? I find they shoot tighter with more fouling, a lot of people clean too much. Have you adjusted your accutrigger? Try some eley edge, match or tenex, lapua centerx and any other high grade match round. The group you posted is about what I get with me MKII at 100 yards but I have been shooting that gun alot, I also use a bipod and rear bag. Keep trying and I bet you'll tighten em up.

huntin1
04-18-2017, 04:41 PM
I cleaned it when I got it and I've only got about 200 rounds through it so no cleaning done yet. I have not touched the trigger yet. Since this group was shot in a hurry and using standard CCI stuff I'm pretty confident that it will do better with some good ammo. No place here where I am to get that type of ammo, but I'll be in Fargo the 28th of this month for a Beach Boys concert, I'll see what I can find over there, I'd like to pick up a box or two of several different kinds and see what it likes best before I start ordering any.

bg7m
04-20-2017, 09:33 AM
I have a MKII like yours and like it. It shoots very well.

Lorenzo
05-10-2017, 08:53 PM
As far as go to findable ammo. Cci standard is the way to go. I have shot groups just as good as eley match with it. It just won't be quite as consistent.

Lorenzo
05-10-2017, 08:54 PM
Just realized those are 1/4" squares. Nice group. Your dog real good.