PDA

View Full Version : New Here, Savage 110 BA LA in 338 Lapua Replacement Stock and Bottom Metal Help Needed

rbtcam95
04-16-2017, 08:44 PM
I presently have a savage 110 BA in 338 lapua and it has the top bolt release( on right side of receiver) and the 5.062 action screw spacing. It also has the MagPul rear adjustable butt stock setup.

1) I am wanting to know if anyone has changed out their bottom metal to a different (more rounded) DBM bottom metal configuration other than savage factory (more squared DBM bottom metal) and if you have, what maker of bottom metal did you go with ????......I have seen CDI bottom metal mentioned in previous posts and to have Jeff do the inletting, but I did not see any installs (might have missed them in previous search of posts) specific to the 110 BA in 338 Lapua.

2) I am also wanting to install this action and barrel in an aftermarket stock and have seen references to the Choate tactical stock being used. Has anyone installed a Choate tactical on their 110 BA and if so, how did it work out for you and does it stand up well overall and are you happy with it ???

Would appreciate any and all viable options that others here may have regarding replacement stocks and different bottom metal options specifically relating to the 110 BA 338 Lapua with the 5.062 screw spacing only please. Trying to compare apples to apples here and don't really need to get confused :o by anyone sneaking an orange or banana in there on me if ya know what I mean.

This is my present setup. It has a Rock Creek 5R barrel
on it and it is finished at 30 inches with a 5 port brake.

Thank you much in advance for any and all helpful information

Brad

bearcatrp
04-17-2017, 09:47 PM
Have to admit the magazine on the 110 FCP 338 sucks. You have a nice setup. I will be changing my chassis some time down the road. I changed the chassis on my 10T to a cadex. Now I use aics mags. They have different bottom plates to accommodate what mags you want to use. Other chassis makers will list what mags or options you will have. Cadex is sweet. Cost a little more but worth it to me. They can answer any questions you have.