PDA

View Full Version : Savage axis stock and bottom metal.

want2ride
04-16-2017, 07:54 PM
I have a Savage axis 7mm08 and I have the stock and bottom metal from a 10T. As we all know that is a huge increase in quality of magazine and stock if I was able to get it to fit.

Has anyone modified a stock for a model 10 to fit an axis? From the looks of it there are only a few things that need to be done.
1. I need to trim along the side for the bolt release.
2. Fill in the front screw hole and drill a new one
3. cut a new channel for the recoil lug since the recoil lug is in a different spot and is in the stock rather than the action. (should be stronger since it is mounted in aluminum and likely JB Weld or epoxy to hold it in place rather than plastic)
4. mill down the area on the stock where the rear screw goes. (it looks like it is the right height on the rear portion)

Is it really this easy or am I missing something?

hereinaz
04-16-2017, 10:22 PM
I have a Savage axis 7mm08 and I have the stock and bottom metal from a 10T. As we all know that is a huge increase in quality of magazine and stock if I was able to get it to fit.

Has anyone modified a stock for a model 10 to fit an axis? From the looks of it there are only a few things that need to be done.
1. I need to trim along the side for the bolt release.
2. Fill in the front screw hole and drill a new one
3. cut a new channel for the recoil lug since the recoil lug is in a different spot and is in the stock rather than the action. (should be stronger since it is mounted in aluminum and likely JB Weld or epoxy to hold it in place rather than plastic)
4. mill down the area on the stock where the rear screw goes. (it looks like it is the right height on the rear portion)

Is it really this easy or am I missing something?
That is what guys did when they first came out with the edge or what is now called the axis, and there were no aftermarket stocks.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk