PDA

View Full Version : Direct Image Upload (Team Savage Members Only)

J.Baker
04-15-2017, 12:15 PM
If you are a Team Savage (http://www.savageshooters.com/payments.php) member (aka Paid Member of this site) you can upload photos directly to into your posts from your computer using the following instructions. Images that are uploaded using these steps are stored on our server and take up storage space. Bandwidth and storage space are two key variables that determine our server costs, and hosting them ourselves increases both which is why this feature is only offered to those who purchase a Team Savage membership to help support the site.

Step 1: Find and click on the Insert Image button in the toolbar.

Step 2: Click the Browse button on the small window that opens. If you don't see the Browse button, make sure the From Computer tab is selected.
(it usually is for the first upload, the rest usually default to the URL tab).

Step 3: You should now have an Explorer window open to allow you to navigate to and select the image you wish to upload like this one.

Step 4: Locate and select the image you wish to upload so that it is highlighted as shown, then click on the Open button.

Step 5: The name of the image you selected will now show to the right of the Browse button in the smaller upload window. Click the Upload Image text to insert it into your post.

Step 6: Your image should now appear in your post as a small clickable thumbnail like shown below. When posted, others can click on it to see the full size image.

Image Alignment & Size

The following steps allow you to change the size and position of the image in your post. NOTE: This feature can sometimes be a bit buggy and lock up your browser when you double click the image (the window will come up, but you won't be able to make any changes to the settings or close the window - forcing you to have to refresh the page and lose what you had already entered. Fortunately, when the page refreshes you should see an option to restore auto-saved data at the bottom of the post entry box and clicking that should reload what you had previously entered (so long as it was all entered before the last auto-save).

Step 7: Double click on the image in your post to open the format options window.
Note that the default alignment is always None and the default size is always Thumbnail.

Step 8a: Select the alignment and size option you want.
Here I have left the alignment at the default and just changed the size to medium. I have also entered some text in the title and description fields.

Step 8b: This is the size your image will be when set to medium, and others can click on it in the post to see the full size image.
Note that neither the title or description test show in the post. One or the other (I can never remember which) will show in your post when you hold the mouse over the image, but that's it. For that reason I just recommend leaving both the title and description fields blank and typing your caption or description above or below the image in the post itself.

Step 8c: Here I have double clicked on the image again and have changed the alignment to center and the size to large.

Step 8d: And here is what the image looks like in the post with center alignment and the size set to large.

A Note on size: I recommend you not use the Full Size option as it will force people to have to scroll horizontally to read the posts if the image is wider than the formated post area on their screen.

Last but not least, if you upload and image and then decide you don't want to include it in your post you will have to delete it from the post and from the Attachments area down in the Additional Options area as shown below.

Step 1: This shows the Attachments options in the Additional Options area for post settings. You will need to click on the Manage Attachments button.

Step 2: Click the Remove button next to the image name(s) you wish to remove from your post.
Once you have removed those you don't want simply close the window.

Remember that how much storage space you are allocated at a Team Savage (http://www.savageshooters.com/payments.php) member varies depending on which level of membership you purchased. I'm not 100% certain how the system reacts when your limit is reached: it may simply tell you that you are out of space when you try to upload something, or it may simply automatically delete the oldest attachment(s) to make room for the new one.

rjtfroggy
04-16-2017, 06:46 AM
Jim when I click the image icon I get the " URL " box. Also when I scroll to bottom of page it says I do not have permission to post attachments.
Question is, is it on my end or yours?

Nor Cal Mikie
04-16-2017, 09:43 AM
When I click "reply" to a post, no tool bar shows up?? Not that I have much to say....

J.Baker
04-17-2017, 11:57 PM
Jim when I click the image icon I get the " URL " box. Also when I scroll to bottom of page it says I do not have permission to post attachments.

Let me check on that

J.Baker
04-18-2017, 12:02 AM
When I click "reply" to a post, no tool bar shows up?? Not that I have much to say....

Go into your profile settings and click on "General Settings" in the menu on the left. Scroll down to the bottom under Miscellaneous Options and select either Standard Editor or Enhanced Interface. When set to Basic it doesn't show the add image or add link tools, so you would have to click the "Go Advanced" button to get them - which just switches you over to the Enhanced Interface.

Captain Obvious
04-18-2017, 12:30 AM

Were you trying to add a photo to your post in this board? If so, that seems to be the issue as I can't either with this test account when set to any of the paid membership levels. Probably something in the specific board settings. I can however upload photo's in several other boards outside the Welcome Center boards so you should be able to as well.

J.Baker
04-18-2017, 12:47 AM
Yep, it was a board specific setting, not a usergroup setting. Should be able to do it here now as well.

J.Baker
04-18-2017, 12:54 AM
Apparently this "system" is kind of buggy when it comes to these attachments. For whatever reason it gives me a URL link in the first post for most of the images rather than showing the image. If I try to edit the post to edit the image size to see if that fixes it, it won't let me.

Ahh....how I loath software!