PDA

View Full Version : Had enough with the accutrigger

Pages : 1 [2]

want2ride
04-18-2017, 09:31 PM
Clean the trigger. I was warned that the target trigger would eventually malfunction and trip if I didn't clean it. Sure enough 200 rounds with a couple pierced primers thrown in there and it started tripping every time i even touched the pretrigger. It didn't even look dirty, but a cleaning fixed the problem.

bearcatrp
04-19-2017, 07:40 AM
Clean the trigger. I was warned that the target trigger would eventually malfunction and trip if I didn't clean it. Sure enough 200 rounds with a couple pierced primers thrown in there and it started tripping every time i even touched the pretrigger. It didn't even look dirty, but a cleaning fixed the problem.

Thanks for the tip. Will give that a try.

wce323078
04-26-2017, 08:19 PM
I had this problem on a Savage FCP-SR that I got used. With a shell in chamber when I closed the bolt safety would set or try to set and lock up the trigger. A real pain in the butt. I removed action from the stock and found the previous owner had turn the adjusting screw in all the way and a bit. I backed it out about mid way and everything works as it should.

Zero333
04-26-2017, 09:55 PM
Like someone already mentioned... Take the action out of the chassis and dry fire, observing what's going on and what's tripping the safety sear. Savage triggers are simple by design.

bearcatrp
04-27-2017, 12:11 PM
So far the trigger set at max weight is not setting off the safety. Will play with the setting as was mentioned here and see if I can at least get to half way. If that doesn't work, then will do as mentioned and take it apart so I can see what's tripping the safety when dry firing. thanks for your help. Nice to come here and get good advice!

bearcatrp
04-27-2017, 02:00 PM
Well that went well, not. Had to remove part of the cadex chassis but was only able to set it a little softer. Not much. When I feel like taking it out of the chassis as time permits, will do a thorough check of the trigger. For now I'll live with it. Will still keep an eye on the trigger replacement for a replacement at some point. Thanks again guys.