PDA

View Full Version : How does the Boyds adjustable comb work.

kjk200
04-13-2017, 03:44 PM
How does the Boyds adjustable comb work?

I know it is adjustable from the top of the stock, but what does the hardware look like and what tightens it up so it doesn't move?

I have a pro varmint ordered (unfinished) and I am trying to figure out if I want to install an adjustable comb and what kind if I do decide to do it.

Thanks!

bc160
04-16-2017, 10:01 AM
The comb system works quite well sorry far. All the adjustments are on top of the comb and you simply turn a couple Allen screws to crank it up or down. The adjustments stay tight and so far there is no slop in the Combs. I have three with the adjustable Combs and all have worked perfectly. Hope that helps some.

kjk200
04-16-2017, 08:25 PM
All the adjustments are on top of the comb and you simply turn a couple Allen screws to crank it up or down. The adjustments stay tight and so far there is no slop in the Combs.

So, is it like a locking nut embedded in the bottom part of the stock and a captured socket head cap screw in the top part? I am thinking that I might just try to make this work on my stock when it gets here.

bc160
04-16-2017, 09:49 PM
Google up Graco industries. You can buy some adjustable comb hardware for about $50.00. that may be a good start. I have Graco setups on my trap gun and it's been great