PDA

View Full Version : Hello from NY

55Cool
04-13-2017, 03:41 PM
Just wanted to say Hey and introduce myself...

I'm in upstate NY near Lake George and am almost ready to pull the trigger on a new Savage 11 Trophy Hunter XP package with the Nikon scope. I'm comparing it to the usual competition, mainly the Remington 700 SPS Varmint being the top contender. I'll probably go with the 223 caliber as I don't hunt but am looking for some decent 100-400 yard target shooting for fun. The price of the 223 ammo has me leaning that way over the 308 but I do like the punch and "sound" of the 308.....

I haven't found a lot of information on the Savage 11 Trophy Hunter XP but with the scope set up included it seems to make it a pretty solid value...Are there any thoughts on this particular Savage rifle I can help use to sway me other than what I have already read about it? Thanks and if I click the "buy now" button I look forward to being a participating member of the forum rather than lurking!

drybean
04-13-2017, 04:05 PM
Welcome to the site

Rick_W
04-13-2017, 09:13 PM
Welcome.

The Savage 11 action is pretty much the same as any other short action Savage action - save for color and possibly trigger. I'm not sure if the 11 action is top or bottom bolt release (that will only make a difference if you look to replace the stock). The biggest differences are in stocks & barrels.

The package deals are a great way to get started but the included scopes will not be what you want for target work.

ragsflh
04-14-2017, 08:57 AM
howdy

Hotolds442
04-26-2017, 11:13 AM
Welcome!