PDA

View Full Version : Savage 10BA Stealth Recoil Reducer

unknown
04-09-2017, 06:28 PM
Hello there,

I have a Savage 10BA Stealth chambered in .308 and was wondering if anyone else who has one, has tried any of the recoil reducers inside the "AR style" buffer tube stock assembly? Yes, I could use a break (but not a fan of the noise) so was looking at all that dead space in the buffer tube and thought to myself "hmmmmmm?" (nerve damage in neck / right shoulder due to injury is prompting this inquiry.) Thank you so much for any input or suggestions!

Deadshot2
04-09-2017, 11:48 PM
I used to fill the large hole in my Shotgun stocks with lead shot (usually #9}, put a piece of packing tape over the hole, and replace the recoil pad..

With the Stealth just fill the buffer tube and put a cork in the open end before replacing it on the chassis. If you need to remove the cork, use a corkscrew, wood screw, etc. Adding mass to the stock will help reduce felt recoil but you may find that you now have a "tail heavy" rifle. Don't be alarmed if you have the POI shift up some.

Poolguy
04-10-2017, 02:39 PM
Im not sure it would work but would love to hear the results. The recoil reducer in an ar has a buffer spring that the bolt moves back and impacts. Not sure with the stealth being a bolt gun it would have much affect

RC20
04-10-2017, 02:43 PM
Sounds like a good reason to change it to a 6.5 Cree or Lapua!

Spearjunkie
04-10-2017, 05:48 PM
Sounds like a good reason to change it to a 6.5 Cree or Lapua!

My Creedmoor's recoil is extremely light, especially with my Crux Ark 30 on it.

AndrewX
04-10-2017, 07:18 PM
I've read that the Stealth comes with the GL-Shock FAB stock.

I discovered this stock when I was finishing a .450 Bushmaster build and it made all the difference in handling recoil in long load development sessions off the bench. Does the Stealth stock have the springs that help absorb recoil?

http://www.themakogroup.com/stocks-stock-accessories/ar15-m4-m16/recoil-reducing-m4-ar-15-stock.html

Poolguy
04-11-2017, 04:20 PM
Andrew
I have a .450 bushy and love it! didn't really have a problem with the recoil but my GS was on the staff at BM and was developing a way to reduce recoil for a bunch of 450s that went to the Mexican army. Put a handle on the full floater hand guard and that made it easier to shoot