PDA

View Full Version : 62/64-Series: 64F

dad
08-24-2010, 11:05 PM
I bought one of these rifles and couldn't be more pleased. The reason for buying was so I can shoot open sights. After a good cleaning and two range sessions I couldn't be more pleased. Like any auto loader you have to keep them clean. I have over 400 rounds through the rifle and only 2 FTF but they were my failt. Gun was to dirty was using Federal 550 hps from walmart. My groups were dime size at 25 yards and quarter size at 50 yards. I did a search and not to much on these hope this info. helps someone out.

stevec
08-25-2010, 12:34 AM
Welcome dad,

I was looking into the same rifle a week or so ago and couldnt find much. I ended up buying a used stevens 62 for cheap. I can not see a difference between it and the savage 64. In fact I bought a wood stock for a 64 and it fit perfectly.
I actually bought the rifle for my son so I could recaim my Marlin he has cabbaged on to but, after playing with the stevens I decided he could hang on the Marlin. ;)

Mine has fed, fired and ejected everything flawlessly so far, including the FED 550's. Only put around 500 rnds down it.

Steve

dad
08-25-2010, 10:02 AM
i have a Marlin model 60 in 22" barrel and have had problems with the scope walk. I finaly got that fixed. I like the seal reciever and the longer barrel. The marlins have 18" and 19" barrel on the new productions. All the stocks are to high at the comb for me to shoot open sights. Marlin is a good rifle it just wasn't what i was looking for. The Savage clip is eaiser for me to load and is bigger in size. When installed their is no play in the mag well its solid in their.