PDA

View Full Version : Model 11 Trophy Hunter XP

Jacklegg
04-04-2017, 03:24 PM
I just ordered a Boyds featherweight thumbhole stock for my TH XP in .243. Next I'll get the remaining bottom metal that I need. I talked with Savage and have the parts numbers for those. However, I read earlier that my Boyds doesn't come with pillars? Will I need those in my Boyds or should I just leave them in my factory stock. Anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated. Not sure the direction to go since I'm a novice with improving my rifle. Thank you for your help and info. Jack

jpdown
04-04-2017, 07:58 PM
The purpose of the pillars are to keep the action screw heads from compressing into the factory synthetic/wood stock. If you're going to purchase a DBM frame assembly (surround) and metal bottom bolt release trigger guard for the Boyd's stock, the action screw heads will be supported by the metal bottom parts. I would focus on stress-free bedding the recoil lug and action making sure the tang and barrel are free floated in the stock for improved accuracy potential.

RC20
04-05-2017, 08:22 PM
Yep. The Boyds stock fit is amazingly good.

I have the same stock on my 30-06 Target and I have gotten down to 1/4 inch groups a couple of times with it.

You just need to put a bit of grease on the rear tang area and see its got contact there. I use a dremel tool to mill that stuff down.