PDA

View Full Version : Model 110 accutrigger bolt trouble

drockboy
08-24-2010, 03:45 PM
OK, so i just got back from a hunting trip (rifle was on an airplane) and i was cleaning by rifle when i got home. I put the bolt back in and the handle doesn't rotate all the way down. its as if the handle is twisted higher than normal. Everything else works fine, just the handle. Is this something i can fix by taking the bolt assembly screw off and rotating the handle? I wanted to check with some professionals before i start fudging with it and really piss myself off. There are no gun smiths where i live and i would have to ship the bolt out and i really dont want to do that if the problem is simple.
Thanks,

82boy
08-24-2010, 04:06 PM
Welcome to the site.

Is this something i can fix by taking the bolt assembly screw off and rotating the handle?
Did you take the bolt apart when you cleaned it?

drockboy
08-24-2010, 06:16 PM
no i did not take it apart, that is the weird thing. and there seemed to be no damage to my gun case or any other part of my gun. its really weird.

82boy
08-24-2010, 06:35 PM
no i did not take it apart, that is the weird thing. and there seemed to be no damage to my gun case or any other part of my gun. its really weird.

Then with that said, I would not do anything to the bolt. If it worked before then there is nothing wrong with the way it is assembled. There has to be something that happened when you cleaned it. Now to figgure out what that is.

Did you take the gun out of the stock, or remove the scope mounts?

bodywerks
08-24-2010, 06:59 PM
Is the bolt handle jamming to the point you can't cock it? Or does the handle just seem to not go down as far as it used to?
If you can't even cock it then there may be something interfering with the bolt head, like fod or the screw for the scope base(like if you removed it and reinstalled it with the wrong screw - think that's what 82boy was getting at.
Or the sear is slipping past the groove on the trigger and jamming against the accurelease and in turn interfering with the cocking piece pin. If that's the case, clean the trigger and adjust the trigger pull a little higher.
Beyond that, if it still cocks and fires fine, the only other thing I can think of is the bolt assembly nut is a Tad loose and The bolt handle slipped a little. It locks in a groove and can only slip so much but it can slip.

drockboy
08-24-2010, 07:05 PM
hhmmm...then it must have slipped, because i only wiped it down when i cleaned it, and it still cocks and fires. I took the barrel off the stock, but left the scope on. Everything works the same except the handle is angled higher. Can i loosen the assembly bolt to adjust the handle without anything else popping out?

82boy
08-24-2010, 10:43 PM
hhmmm...then it must have slipped, because i only wiped it down when i cleaned it, and it still cocks and fires. I took the barrel off the stock, but left the scope on. Everything works the same except the handle is angled higher. Can i loosen the assembly bolt to adjust the handle without anything else popping out?

Yes, you can take the back bolt screw out and nothing will pop out, but you are going the wrong route. The handle has a notch cut in it, and it only goes on in one of two positions, either right on or 180 degrees out. This is not the problem, if you did not mess with it and it was fine before, then it is fine now. Nothing has changed.

How are you measuring that the bolt handle is angeled higher? I don't think that the bolt height is an issue, I would say that something is interfering with the bolt properly closing all the way. Are you sure you did not mix up the action screws one is longer than the other. If you put the wrong screw in the wrong place it could interfere with the bolt in the action.

drockboy
08-24-2010, 11:01 PM
nope, every bolt is in where it should be. The angle is significantly higher. The bolt moves in the same amount of movement, but the entire movement is higher. At lock, the bolt handle is out 90 degrees from the stock versus resting in the notch of the stock. When i open the bolt, the bolt is higher than it use to be, it barely clears my scope now. its really weird, other than that it is operating perfectly normal.

82boy
08-24-2010, 11:13 PM
If you have the bolt handle 180 degrees out you can insert the bolt, but the rifle will not function, the bolt will decock and close quickly under its power.

The only thing I can think of past that is the front baffle. (Part behind the bolt head) it will free spin, you may have turned it 180 degrees out, and somehow (I have no idea how.) got the bolt to fit into the action. There should be a little grove extending off of it, it should be on the right side looking at the back of the bolt. Try turning the front baffle 180 degrees and see if that doesn't fix the problem.

dcloco
08-24-2010, 11:30 PM

Your front action screw is over tightened. Loosen the screw and see if the bolt closes properly then.

trappst
08-24-2010, 11:41 PM
I'm with dcloco. Front screw is just a hair too long and it's not letting the bolt handle down all the way.

Usually this totally locks up the action but it sounds like yours is just a "hair" too long...or too tight.

bodywerks
08-25-2010, 12:26 AM
You guys aren't listening. He has already said that not only does the bolt handle not appear to go down all the way, but also appears to lift higher now, to the point that it barely clears the scope when it used to clear with more gap. If it cocks, cycles, and fires fine then a slipped handle is the only likely possibility. I can think of.