PDA

View Full Version : Savage 10 FCP-SR stock removal and installing a B&C Tactical Medalist Style 4 M40.

ststeffe
04-02-2017, 07:18 PM
Hello all, just picked up my new FCP-SR and am wanting to remove the stock and replace it with the Tactical Medalist. I was wondering if anyone had any experience doing the same. I have the option to have a gunsmith professionally install it for me as well as mount my scope for under 60 bucks. However, I was interested in trying to see if I could do it with no experience in removing and installing a new stock. I have access to a few tools but limited knowledge. Does anyone know of any helpful guides? Any feedback would be appreciated.

gurpgork
04-18-2017, 10:41 PM
If you are curious and hands on, I would say go for it. It's pretty easy and fun to learn. Google is your friend and there is no shortage of info out there. If you are more hands off, not sure of torque settings, scope placement, etc., and not sure how to troubleshoot if things dont work out, for $60 bucks (well priced for my neck of the woods) that might be a good option.

Boondoggle
04-19-2017, 11:34 AM
I dropped my Howa 1500 HB action in a B&C stock. Piece of cake and it made a much bigger difference in accuracy than I anticipated. Original stock was a pillar bedded Hogue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk