PDA

View Full Version : 1st savage build for me

bplumcrazy
03-30-2017, 02:10 PM
After my friend finally convinced me into getting a savage I decided to do a build. Can't wait to get started

300 win mag
111 action from NSS
27.5" Benchmark rem sendero contour with brake
Stockade Prairie Dog Special stock

RC20
03-30-2017, 03:27 PM
Welcome to a nutty group.

Be sure you get as long a pad as they offer. Limb save is the best if that is an option.

I thought I could shoot a heavy 30-06 all day without one (well it did not come with one). I use my slip on until I get around to buying one and fitting it.

hereinaz
03-30-2017, 03:31 PM
Welcome, that's jumping into the deep end all at once!

vintagesportsman
03-30-2017, 03:33 PM
Enjoy! Some folks will bash the time and finances we may spend to build the rifles we want but in the end its all worth it! Especially when they see those targets with little bug eyed groups and ask who built the rifle :cool:

bplumcrazy
03-31-2017, 01:48 AM
Especially when they see those targets with little bug eyed groups and ask who built the rifle :cool:
This is my goal.......If this build goes the way I hope next up will be a 6.5x284

Talked with Kevin and my stock has around 18-20 week lead time, Not going to be fun waiting lol

RC20
03-31-2017, 02:10 PM
Enjoy! Some folks will bash the time and finances we may spend to build the rifles we want but in the end its all worth it! Especially when they see those targets with little bug eyed groups and ask who built the rifle :cool:

Fortunately my wife has been fine with it. My entertainment since the disk rupture.

I think the most costly one is the 7.5 Swiss. Probably going to be close to $1000 into that one. Barrel was the most costly part.

And yea the wait is no fun, always good to have other guns to shoot while you wait.