PDA

View Full Version : Axis stocks

jfowler99
03-30-2017, 02:08 PM
Ive been seeing alot of people changing their stocks on the axis. I put in a new trigger, new scope, new rail. I was thinking about a stock. I use mine primarily for elk and deer hunting. Does any one recommend a particular style of stock for a hunting rifle in 30-06 or is it more just a preferential to the individual. Just wasn't sure if was a best style type or nut for hunting. This is only my second rifle. My first I only had for about 6 months and sold it to buy the savage. Thanks all.

SageRat Shooter
03-30-2017, 02:39 PM
For hunting purposes If you're talking carrying it in the woods, humping it up the side of a mountain, then I'd go with a Prairie Hunter, Classic, Platinum, or Heritage style of stock. If you're going to be bench shooting or stand shooting, then I'd go with something similar to the Pro Varmint.

I used Boyds stocks on my guns so that is why I used it as an example. The styles are all pretty similar no matter what maker you use. But, buy the one you "like"... The Pro Varmint is my favorite style now and I wouldn't hesitate to put one on every one of my rifles, If it was available.

SageRat Shooter
03-30-2017, 02:40 PM
One other note: If you decide to go with a Boyds Laminate and you are going to be packing it around, you should get some kind of Stippling for the stock as they are very slippery when they get wet.

hereinaz
03-30-2017, 03:34 PM
Boyds are a great way to go. Laminate is one of the only options for you. And, I like it alot.

Most get good accuracy in a laminate. You can put in pillars and bed it too.

jfowler99
03-31-2017, 07:43 AM
Thanks. I m going to have to check in to all of that.