PDA

View Full Version : Mark I/II/93R: Mark ii TR .22 Action Screws Torque

PeterRocco
03-29-2017, 05:42 PM
Hi
I just Installed a DPI Trigger Guard and Mag Flat Plate. I Torque Down to 20lb. Was that too much?
Also the The Supplied New Action Screw for the Mag Plate was too Long so I Just Reused the Factory Ones.
I checked the Barrel to Stock Fit with a Dolllar Bill and Was Good.
Why would the Grouping get Worse if Action was Torque too muck?
Thank You
Petet

Phranque
03-29-2017, 06:53 PM
To answer your last question first... yes, too much torque can induce stress, but 20lbs isn't too much.

I don't know the factory specs, but the general consensus online seems to be in the 15-17 range. I'd leave it where it's at, shoot a bunch of different ammos to see what she likes best, then you can back it off and "torque tune" from there.

PeterRocco
03-30-2017, 04:03 AM
Hi, Thank You for your Help. Great information, I will do what you said..just waiting for a new Scope to come. I'll Post a Update.
Thank You
Peter

valvestem
03-31-2017, 12:08 PM
Savage lists the action screw torque as 15 inch pounds.

Lorenzo
05-24-2017, 07:54 AM
Any idea how to get close without a torque wrench? I heard using the short end of an Allen key going finger snug will be close to 14 inch lbs?

Lorenzo
05-24-2017, 07:54 AM
I am going to get a fat max torque wrench but just for now,

J.Baker
05-24-2017, 11:27 PM
I like the Weaver torque wrench (https://www.midwayusa.com/product/998374/weaver-torque-wrench-screwdriver?cm_mmc=pf_ci_google-_-Optics+-+Scope+Rings%2C+Bases%2C+Mounting+%26+Accessories-_-Weaver-_-998374&gclid=CPaKgcSLitQCFVW1wAod2PwMfw) over the Wheeler. Had a couple of the bits that came with the Wheeler FAT wrench break on me and the detent ball on mine is to weak to hold a socket in place. The Weaver uses standard hex screwdriver bits, comes with a molded hard case. After three years I've yet to have one of the bits in my Weaver gunsmith screwdriver kit break.

MoriCNC
05-25-2017, 12:07 PM
I side with MrFurious, I really like my Weaver. I have used the Wheeler before but not owned one to attest to long term use. I am just glad I don't have to play the action screw torque game any longer.