PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about upgrading my AccuStock

justeric
08-24-2010, 12:08 AM
I'm thinking about replacing my AccuStock on my Savage 10 FCP - K. Is it worth replacing the stock with a quality stock that I can get bedded? What type of stock would you suggest for a tactical style gun? A flat foreend might be nice to for bench shooting also. How much should I expect to pay to bed my gun? Do you think I will be able to sell my used AccuStock?

Thanks,
Eric

ellobo
08-24-2010, 08:56 PM
Check with the vendors on this website that advertise stocks. All kinds of stock available. Expect to pay well over $100 for a quality stock of the type you are asking about.

El Lobo

82boy
08-24-2010, 10:57 PM
I'm thinking about replacing my AccuStock on my Savage 10 FCP - K. Is it worth replacing the stock with a quality stock that I can get bedded?

Yes.

What type of stock would you suggest for a tactical style gun? A flat foreend might be nice to for bench shooting also. How much should I expect to pay to bed my gun? Do you think I will be able to sell my used AccuStock?

Eric,
you have another problem with your accu-stocked gun. The action is slightly different do to it not having a side bolt release, and having a different trigger guard with the bolt release moved down there. You are not going to find a off the shelf stock to fit the gun. You will have to have a custom inletted stock. It would be possible to modify an off the shelf stock, but what all is involved would be anyones guess. The only stock option I can think of would be a SSS, and there stocks come bedded, you would be looking at around $300 and a couple of months wait time.

I would say you would be hard pressed to sell your accu-stock, do to the difference noted above. It will only work with an accu-stock or classic gun, and they already have a stock similar or better. I guess it could be modified to work with a standard center feed action, but there would be a huge gap on the right side of the stock, where the actions differ. The recoil lug is also different, and you would have to include that with the sale of your accu-stock, for someone to make it work.

bodywerks
08-25-2010, 12:58 AM
Any stock designed for a model 10 with the 4.410" action screw spacing and detachable box magazine should work. I know for a fact that this choate tactical stock:
http://www.riflestock.com/catalog_page_detail.cfm?Product_CatalogID=2974&ProductNumber=25%2D06%2D01&ProductCode=42&ProductSubCodeID=185&NewProduct=0&recordno=1
And this choate custom tactical:
http://www.riflestock.com/catalog_page_detail.cfm?Product_CatalogID=3019&ProductNumber=26%2D06%2D12&ProductCode=42&ProductSubCodeID=219&NewProduct=0&recordno=1
Are direct bolt on replacements for the fcp-k. I know this because I have an fcp-k with the tactical custom(you need to specify that you want the one for the model 10 short action), and I had an fcp with the same bolt release in the standard tactical.
Don't be misinformed. The fcp-k is not a voodoo gun. Its just another model 10 - treat it as such...

bodywerks
08-25-2010, 01:14 AM
Also, FWIW, I sold one of my accustocks for $100. It will bolt up to any model 10 action and, if their action has the bolt release on the side the stock can be easily inletted. They may not be able to use the accuwedge but its kinda useless anyway. Its a nice stock with an aluminum bedding channel in it and is a huge upgrade over the Tupperware stocks that some of the model 10s come with.

justeric
08-26-2010, 12:25 AM
Thanks for all the helpful responses! I do have a follow up question. How much should I expect to pay someone to bed an AccuStock? Is bedding an AccuStock pretty straight forward for someone that beds stocks? OK here's the really hard one, does anyone know someone in Maryland, VA, PA that they feel confident in bedding an AccuStock?

Thanks,
Eric

scamp62
08-26-2010, 01:10 AM
this is the one i got for my 10 FCP-K, and the did a skim coat bedding job.............

http://www.tacticalworks.com/Choate-Tactical-Stock-Savage-Drop-Box-Mag.html