PDA

View Full Version : Model 12 lrp help

gunpo
03-27-2017, 09:13 PM
I checked the faq area but couldn't seem to find an answer to my problem. I took the firing mechanism out of my bolt to adjust my sizing die and have gotten the bolt stuck. The cross pin that holds the bolt head on has backed out a bit and wont allow the bolt to come out. Tapped it gently but it wont budge, this is my first savage and really don't know what to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

foxx
03-27-2017, 10:09 PM
The pin has probably broke. Try removing the Bolt Assembly Screw (rear of bolt) and pulling the firing pin. shake the whole gun, turning it over and around till the broken pin falls out. Do the same even if you can't remove the BAS and firing pin. It will eventually work itself loose and allow you to remove the bolt.

foxx
03-27-2017, 10:13 PM
Also, you might try hitting the side of the action quite hard with a rubber mallet a few times as you shake, rattle and roll it around.

hereinaz
03-27-2017, 11:56 PM
I did this once. I think I just had to whack the action while the pin was upside down with mallet until the pin went the other direction. Wiggle the bolt as you whack it.
Then, carefully getting it to wiggle back the other direction until you can pull the bolt.

Nothing is broken, you just need to keep wiggling it so the pin drops back into the bolt, rather than falling out.

Without the firing pin, the crossbolt just falls through... been there.

hereinaz
03-27-2017, 11:57 PM
Take the action out of the stock. Depending on what position it is stuck in, you might be able to get at it through the magazine port.

Robinhood
03-28-2017, 12:47 AM
Just roll the stock until the hole in the bolt body is down work the bolt back and forth. It may fall out of the ejection port. Lots of people have done this so don't feel bad.

gunpo
03-28-2017, 03:14 PM
Thanks for all the help. The pin came out of the hole in the bolt body and I was able to remove the bolt. Got my resizing die set up and sized my brass, now I just need to find some H4350 powder.

hereinaz
03-28-2017, 03:21 PM
I buy it online, as much as possible cause of the shipping and hazmat fee.

RC20
03-29-2017, 11:04 AM
Good you got the problem solved. I will have to see how it goes with the 7.5 when it gets here.

Current plan is to not remove parts of the bolt, will see if that works with a non fired case and a fired one (in a K31, not the barrel that is coming in 7.5)

I buy it online, as much as possible cause of the shipping and hazmat fee.

Is not online the cause of Shipping and Hazmet Fee?