PDA

View Full Version : Boyds Recoil Lug

Pages : 1 [2]

DrThunder88
06-19-2017, 03:13 PM
Burger King actually sounds like a good comparison. It, like Boyds, is sort of midway between a production line and a fully custom, bespoke makers. Without knowing the ins and outs of their business, I'd be astonished to learn Boyds keeps enough inventory of each and every model on hand. I say this because there are loads of permutations when one considers the numbers of profiles, inletting, and wood choices, even the base models. With the exception of the OEM stocks they make and the stocks they wholesale, Boyds probably can't afford to genuniely mass produce any stocks. I also think this is so because no-frills stocks I've gotten from Boyds have taken as long to ship as the customized ones, but the closeout stocks (blems and such) shipped within a week.

zr600
06-22-2017, 12:49 PM
Well I ordered one last week and it is supposed to be delivered today or tomorrow. They told me they build the stocks as they are ordered generally.

patrolit
12-29-2017, 10:25 PM
The lugs are glued in with Araldite like glue... apply some heat the lug and it will let go.