PDA

View Full Version : Extraction/Ejector Kits

wbm
03-24-2017, 09:25 AM
Does anyone besides SSS sell enhanced extraction/ejector kits for 110's.

s3silver
03-24-2017, 11:50 AM
I have done this search too with little success. Only found the one at SSS. The kit has good reviews though. Will probably be ordering 2 soon as mine are barely extracting and kicking cases out now.

wbm
03-24-2017, 04:06 PM
Would order one from SSS but don't want to risk the possibility of several months of waiting for delivery.

TheFNG57
03-24-2017, 08:47 PM
I just ordered one and was told it would ship the next day. I haven't called to verify. The lady I spoke with was almost instant to reply to my email and call me. I will have to check Monday morning to verify it actually shipped.

Is SSS known for poor CS or shipping?

wbm
03-25-2017, 11:55 AM
Is SSS known for poor CS or shipping?

A few have been critical from time to time. However, Fred does good work so....sort of a balancing act.

MI223
03-26-2017, 07:43 AM
I have one installed on my rifle. After installation i had feeding issues... The new ejector plunger was longer and was very flat with very little radius. After a round was stripped from the mag it would "bounce" and bind up on the ejector pin. I had to grind a radius more like the factory pin. It works fine now with no complaints. This is in a xlr chassis with aics pmags. Hard to to say if you would have these issues.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

6.5savageguy
03-26-2017, 09:23 AM
I've had very good results doing business via email with Lisa and recieved them in a timely manner on the small parts type stuff.

Fred has done 2 actions for me and they are prized possessions as far as I'm concerned. The Gunsmithing work requires an appointment and an authorization number to ship it to them. I got the last action back 90 days from post office to post office. The first one I had him do was a similar time frame. I was under the understanding that this is how it works and it may take a while.

You read all the negative about the but there's always 2 sides to every story. I've never seen them climb into a thread where someone was complaining about them which I find admirable. Stuff happens and I wonder how much of this stuff is people not securing an appointment and/or shipping projects in without the authorization/ID number.

In my experiences they are good people and they will get more of my business in the future.

Robinhood
03-26-2017, 09:33 AM
I've had very good results doing business via email with Lisa and recieved them in a timely manner on the small parts type stuff.

Fred has done 2 actions for me and they are prized possessions as far as I'm concerned. The Gunsmithing work requires an appointment and an authorization number to ship it to them. I got the last action back 90 days from post office to post office. The first one I had him do was a similar time frame. I was under the understanding that this is how it works and it may take a while.

You read all the negative about the but there's always 2 sides to every story. I've never seen them climb into a thread where someone was complaining about them which I find admirable. Stuff happens and I wonder how much of this stuff is people not securing an appointment and/or shipping projects in without the authorization/ID number.

In my experiences they are good people and they will get more of my business in the future.

Well put. There are times when it is easy to get impatient but I don't mind, SSS always comes through. Rumors are Fred is 106 years old. I think the fact that he can still post on this forum,( and I have to search all my notes on what he has posted in the past 11 years trying to figure out his cryptic one line message) says a lot about good clean living with a wonderful bride..